• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still rumours going around Sainsbury have or are about to pull the plug.

What that means (if true) we shall see.

I dont think any plugs have been pulled, but I would imagine that could be one of the possible outcomes of the review. That doesnt mean its likely or inevitable, at moment its unknown.

Unfortunately we took so long to get moving the goalposts have been moved, all we can do is hope there are still goalposts once the review is complete.

Before I get completely shot down as I'm new to everything Southend United... a genuine question.
Is there anyone on here who actually wants to stay at Roots Hall?
Everything I've read since registering to SZ almost three weeks ago would suggest that everyone wants a move.

Let's face it - it's never going to happen. How long has the new dream stadium been promised?

Before I get completely shot down as I'm new to everything Southend United... a genuine question.
Everything I've read since registering to SZ almost three weeks ago would suggest that everyone wants a move.

Most do, there are that some dont though.

Let's face it - it's never going to happen. How long has the new dream stadium been promised?

I have hazy memories of a mid 70s front page of the Evening Echo announcing plans for a supermarket (with Sainsburys I think!) and a new ground.

I'd love to see us stay, but i'm afraid the current stadium has been left to rot and would require fortunes to bring up to scratch. Without the miracle of a wealthy backer, who's got money to burn, I don't think it's an option.

My grandson is six months old ,if I take him to see Southend play when he is about six, where will he see his first game at Roots Hall or Fossets Farm .

Sainsbury's are now providing a service whereby you can collect your pre-ordered goods at tube stations, who's to say that will not spread to commuter stations in Southend and reduce the need for new stores further?

On the subject of Roots Hall being left to rot - we have seen light fittings swing down and fall on unsuspecting East Standers -and there is probably nasty stuff lurking in the roofs (making any redevelopment a tricky business).

Back