• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not really mate.

All I know, or should I say believe is another creditor which is an individual, has first dibs on RH should Sainsbury pull the plug or Ron defaults on repayments.
Was the issue between Ron & Tara Brady resolved? Otherwise he would be my prime suspect

Sainsbury's site in the town is worth a fortune so the RH development isn't costing them anywhere near as much as people assume in real terms.

There is also no evidence that they are going to stop building large stores, especially in such a densely populated area. The article on their website is about establishing a presence in areas where they don't already have a major store.

Sainsbury's site in the town is worth a fortune so the RH development isn't costing them anywhere near as much as people assume in real terms.

There is also no evidence that they are going to stop building large stores, especially in such a densely populated area. The article on their website is about establishing a presence in areas where they don't already have a major store.

They already have a major store just a short distance away.

Not really mate.

All I know, or should I say believe is another creditor which is an individual, has first dibs on RH should Sainsbury pull the plug or Ron defaults on repayments.

Nice idea that one of the creditors might take over the reins but what we need is someone of substance.

Not sure that someone who'd lend money to RM is going to be making the right business decisions to see this through.

I think Tommy means the large Sainsbury supermarket in Southend town centre...
Oh right, I thought we had established years ago that wasn't big enough and is in need of major refurbishment which isn't going to happen.

They want to gain market share in the area, how do I know ? Well I do have some inside info and it's common knowledge in the company that Southend could turn over at least 3 times what it does now space permitting.

Oh right, I thought we had established years ago that wasn't big enough and is in need of major refurbishment which isn't going to happen.

They want to gain market share in the area, how do I know ? Well I do have some inside info and it's common knowledge in the company that Southend could turn over at least 3 times what it does now space permitting.

As an inside source nobody knows what's going to happen to the Southend store when RH is converted. The store is slightly dated now but not noticeably to customers.

The future of Sainsburys is through General Merchandise which is my department ... Things like bedding, clothing, toys and DVDs. People but these items in sains for convenience. However there isn't the space to accommodate this and anyone who shops in there knows how limited out selection is!

Also justin king says that "local" stores are the future of the company but I will be amazed if they reduce the size of the current store

Large convenience stores are most certainly the future.

As online grocery delivery continues to grow, the need for big walk in supermarkets reduces.

Then the convenience stores can cater for the daily items like milk, bread, papers, fags etc.

I myself am an analyst in the convenience store sector. The growth in this area is massive. I mean massive. Hence why we are seeing loads of The Express, Local etc springing up all over the place. Unfortunately it is killing off your average corner shop, unless they have the money to expand the store and range to compete. But thats the way it is heading.

The only big thing supermarkets will be building, is huge distribution centers to cater for the online demand.

Large convenience stores are most certainly the future.

As online grocery delivery continues to grow, the need for big walk in supermarkets reduces.

Then the convenience stores can cater for the daily items like milk, bread, papers, fags etc.

I myself am an analyst in the convenience store sector. The growth in this area is massive. I mean massive. Hence why we are seeing loads of The Express, Local etc springing up all over the place. Unfortunately it is killing off your average corner shop, unless they have the money to expand the store and range to compete. But thats the way it is heading.

The only big thing supermarkets will be building, is huge distribution centers to cater for the online demand.
All very true but there is also another trend towards megastores in certain areas, not sure if Southend is the right place, I think it is but who knows. Have you seen some of the huge new Tesco's like this one ? http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/channels...unveils-new-look-watford-store/348218.article
It's a fantastic place and personally I think it will be convenience stores plus selected areas for megastores in the future.

Sainsbury's are also getting into online fashion in a big way so I wouldn't be surprised if the RH project was shelved or scaled down but I do think it's very premature to be thinking along those lines. With the way property and land prices are going the site will only increase in value over the next 5 years so maybe this is why they aren't in a hurry ? All speculation so who knows.

Its just dawned on me. Its all a big sham.
Southend Council want to protect the green belt in the borough and there is surely no better way to protect it from development that give Southend United planning permission to build on it.
Never underestimate our councillors - genius! :Worthy:

so we have now moved from late Spring to late Summer... So much has changed at Sainsbury's, I'm really thinking this dream of a new stadium needs to go in another direction.

so we have now moved from late Spring to late Summer... So much has changed at Sainsbury's, I'm really thinking this dream of a new stadium needs to go in another direction.

Needs to go in another direction?

it hasn't gone in any direction yet and nor will it in the near future!

Back