• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Another game another blank.

I rate corr but he is not much of goal scorer
Barney needs a run in the side but again doesn't look like he has goals.
Weston is a winger and may chip in a few
Shaq looks raw and is getting found out in a man's game.
Williams is untested and is possibly needs easing in.
Hurst is not as hungry as he once was.
Layne see Williams

Basically we play nice football and will win games but tight games will go against us due to lack of firepower.

We need a proven goalscorer if we are to go up as we have most of the other ingredients that makes a good side.

We must sign a good striker as we won't go up automatically and may struggle to get a play off spot.

Why other teams can get in decent strikers but we can't is very disappointing.

We may need to find a diamond from non league. Peterborough must have the best scouts in the league with the amount of players they have signed and then sold after getting a hatful.

We must scour the leagues for a player who is not happy sitting on the bench and has a point to prove and it may be time for PB to finally use his friends list to get us some quality.

Only 3 clubs have scored fewer than us in this division and one of our goals was from the spot,Phil IMO is too fearful in conceding and I don't think he has any plan b or any other plan.

Little point in playing pretty football with zero end product.

Layne see Williams

Basically we play nice football and will win games but tight games will go against us due to lack of firepower.

We need a proven goalscorer if we are to go up as we have most of the other ingredients that makes a good side.

We must sign a good striker as we won't go up automatically and may struggle to get a play off spot.

I think you're underestimating Weston here. He's lightening quick, took a really composed goal against Stevenage. I still have faith he'll come good. If by another 5 games he hasn't scored, then I'll eat my humble pie.

What annoys me is that people bang on about the fact that strikers don't grow on trees, well there are some bloody good ones in league 2 at the moment which is why their teams are well above us. I'm sorry PB but, Corr, Barnard, Williams and Coulthirst are not the answer, we need goals and goals win you games.

Todays result had nothing to do with strikers we had ten men for 70 minutes and did not create any chances to score. Would have been a very different story had bolger not been a liability today. Of course we want a goal machine so does every team in the world.

When we are starting the obvious I think playing with 10 men for most of the game is the biggest factor isnt it?!?

Funny how a defender completely lets us down and people still focus on strikers.

When we are starting the obvious I think playing with 10 men for most of the game is the biggest factor isnt it?!?

Funny how a defender completely lets us down and people still focus on strikers.

I think the annoying thing is the fact that even with 10 men, we still bossed the first half, by all accounts, but couldn't take advantage.

Going down to 10 men shouldn't automatically mean we've lost the game

What annoys me is that people bang on about the fact that strikers don't grow on trees, well there are some bloody good ones in league 2 at the moment which is why their teams are well above us. I'm sorry PB but, Corr, Barnard, Williams and Coulthirst are not the answer, we need goals and goals win you games.

It's disappointing to think Wimbledon, who arent rich & will have a lesser budget than us, have brought in Matt Tubbs. That's the type of goalscorer we needed

Layne see Williams

Weston has to be in off the wing, Corr is not up to it , odd flicked headers but no ability to threaten defenders with pace. Nothing will change even if Layne and Williams come in for JPT game, Brown will revert to same format. Corr and Barnard needed replacing close season. Another season of this dross will be tough to take.

Accrington and Carlisle have conceded 21 in the league yet we only managed a long range goal and a penalty against them.
We have only scored 29 goals in the past 29 games that is not good enough for any serious promotion push with 23 of those games we have mustered 1 goal or failed to score .

We are going backwards ATM .

It's not just about yesterday. The Wimbledon game was a prime example. Should and could have been 3-0 up at half time but had nobody who could put the ball in the net and that's not the only time we have had the same story.

Accrington and Carlisle have conceded 21 in the league yet we only managed a long range goal and a penalty against them.
We have only scored 29 goals in the past 29 games that is not good enough for any serious promotion push with 23 of those games we have mustered 1 goal or failed to score .

We are going backwards ATM .

Don't forget the 4 points we got as well:thumbsup:

The 4 points only papered over the cracks as Accrington and Carlisle already look in deep trouble,Cambridge promoted from the conference mashed Carlisle 5 0!

4 points is a fact, the rest is an opinion.

Let's see where we are at 15 games and revisit. I personally don't think we are good enough and we won't go up looking at the first few games. People say it's only 5 games but how long do you give before conceding we aren't good enough. 10, 15, 20 or when it's too late and we are stuck in this division for yet another season

It's disappointing to think Wimbledon, who arent rich & will have a lesser budget than us, have brought in Matt Tubbs. That's the type of goalscorer we needed

I may be wrong here but aren't Wimbledon below us in the league ?
If I'm wrong ( can't be bothered to double check ) I apologise.
If I'm right , what's your point ?

Back