• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you like to see happen?

• Ron to remain and sort the mess out?

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • Ron to leave and new owners come in?

Votes: 76 39.8%
  • No bloody idea?

Votes: 86 45.0%

• Total voters
More onions? Surely the cost can be recouped pretty easily.

Joking aside. I remember a long time ago there used to be a mini club shop at the back of the West Stand. It must be worth giving that a go again. I'm almost certain most of the people who sit in the West Stand never go any where near the club shop on a normal match day.

He didn't elaborate on the catering side, only how utterley frustrating he finds them, in terms of getting people served. He just feels they are so restrictive in their current format.

I remember the mini club shop, I don't remember many people queueing there though if I'm honest, but you're right, any other avenue of revenue should be explored, and re-explored, just because it didn't work before, doesnt' mean it won't now.

We build on the training complex only thus allowing the remainder of FF to be converted into property likewise with RH,Everyone wins as Ron makes millions whilst the council have loads of empty properties to house homeless tenants and we get a decent stadium .

But it's greenbelt. You can't build housing there.

If Sainsbury's pulled out then the planning process doesn't have to completely restart does it? It's perfectly feasible (albeit unlikely) that a rival supermarket could come in and take on the development as it stands.

Aldi - no - current store around the corner
Asda - IMO the most likely
Co-op - No. Site is probably too big
Iceland - I'd say unlikely. Sutton Rd store
Lidl - No. Few stores nearby
M&S - Wouldn't want to lose their high street location, but a possibility.
Morrisons - Potentially, but tough times for them
Tesco - Big store nearby, plus potential development in town. Unlikely.
Waitrose - Big store nearby

Otherwise - it could be that a 'retail park' developer comes on board to do both of the sites. maybe a possibility if the airport one moves/shuts.

It would be a big coup for Asda. If they are actively looking for sites, I would imagine this would be quite attractive for them. All the hard work is done and an area they don't really having anything too nearby.

Personally I'd like Ron to stay and see it through - Not because hes the perfect person for the job, but one of the only fools to keep on going. Hes determined if nothing else.
Despite rumours of others being interested, its just that; rumours.
Lets be clear, there are very few knights in shining armour left in the realm, but if the there was one with a large bag of cash publicly begging Ron to sell up so he/she could attempt to fill our bottomless hole with cash, I'd be the first in line to call for Ron to do the right thing and sell up.

I understand that back in the day a proposed 12,000 capacity was planned for the very same site.

How long ago is "back in the day"? Planning restrictions have changed dramatically, especially in relation to football stadia, since "back in the day". The site's too narrow and there's nowhere near enough space to fit a decent-sized stadium and all of the prerequisites (parking, access, etc). Plus, I can't see SBC being too pleased about the traffic that would be thrown down Royal Artillery Way, as I'm presuming by selling off the rest of FF for housing you won't be connecting the stadium project with Fossett's Way?

NO FOSSETS FARM .Ok so what do we do cant we rebuild rootshall one stand at a time .Say starting with the main stand surly they couid knock it down pinch a bit of the carpark and build a two tier stand with a pitch side box for pre match meals for the fans that want it . Then move on to the west stand again a two tier stand . and so on untill the hall becomes a real moden ground .

NO FOSSETS FARM .Ok so what do we do cant we rebuild rootshall one stand at a time .Say starting with the main stand surly they couid knock it down pinch a bit of the carpark and build a two tier stand with a pitch side box for pre match meals for the fans that want it . Then move on to the west stand again a two tier stand . and so on untill the hall becomes a real moden ground .
Who's going to fund it then ?

How long ago is "back in the day"? Planning restrictions have changed dramatically, especially in relation to football stadia, since "back in the day". The site's too narrow and there's nowhere near enough space to fit a decent-sized stadium and all of the prerequisites (parking, access, etc). Plus, I can't see SBC being too pleased about the traffic that would be thrown down Royal Artillery Way, as I'm presuming by selling off the rest of FF for housing you won't be connecting the stadium project with Fossett's Way?

Match day traffic causes problems at most stadia in this country.

I think it was around 15 year's ago and I do believe it was an all seater stadium which was on the verge of happening before Ron changed things completely.

I might be wrong but planning laws haven't changed that much regarding stadia with safety the main driver and of course existing people living nearby.

FF would actually be the perfect place for a new housing estate - access roads are all already there in F Way and Eastern Avenue. I think the council already own Boots and Laces and so all it would take is for Ron to give up a few acres of FF and give that to the council and quite a nice community stadium could be built on B&L.

The objective of moving stadium is to create something that means we arent relying on matchday, just rebuilding Roots Hall wouldnt really allow that, and without selling Roots Hall we would never have the funding to do the building.

FF would actually be the perfect place for a new housing estate - access roads are all already there in F Way and Eastern Avenue. I think the council already own Boots and Laces and so all it would take is for Ron to give up a few acres of FF and give that to the council and quite a nice community stadium could be built on B&L.

Agreed,

Housing is far more important than more superstores.

The word has been that The Southend Airport retail park, has been in talks regards moving to another site.
As the airport want to expand.
Roots Hall maybe!!
I heard that too about airport retail park about a year or so ago.

I know they have got flats in as part of the plan but it is highly unlikely they would get planning permission for a housing estate.

He didn't elaborate on the catering side, only how utterley frustrating he finds them, in terms of getting people served. He just feels they are so restrictive in their current format.

I remember the mini club shop, I don't remember many people queueing there though if I'm honest, but you're right, any other avenue of revenue should be explored, and re-explored, just because it didn't work before, doesnt' mean it won't now.

The unused snack bar in the south upper could potentially give somebody a small part time job and over the season make several thousand for the club.

The unused snack bar in the south upper could potentially give somebody a small part time job and over the season make several thousand for the club.

I raised the SU snack bar issue 2 years ago and was told that the facilities had been condemned and the club would not, or could not, pay for restoration. No go I'm afraid.

I raised the SU snack bar issue 2 years ago and was told that the facilities had been condemned and the club would not, or could not, pay for restoration. No go I'm afraid.

I don't mean hot food/drink but sandwiches cold drinks crisps and choccy bars,Surely a coat of paint and a clean would suffice??

yep just like other parts of the ground also, money needs to be spent in certain areas but it's throwing money away we was told the other night:stunned:

yep just like other parts of the ground also, money needs to be spent in certain areas but it's throwing money away we was told the other night:stunned:

6 of us wanted to hire one of the boxes and were quoted £420 and drinks/ food was extra,Crikey we could have spent 700 between us for a league 2 game!

Back