• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Not sure about buying on the gate, but you can buy online now and then pick up tickets at the stadium as that's exactly what I've just done.

Cheers, I've now got to remember where's a decent view.

Curse you Phil Brown for not taking us to Wembley last season!

Indeed, any player that hasnt any prospect of playing in the senior team should be in the U21's. If they are considered to have a chance in the senior team, even as sub then they should be included. No point holding back players just because of their age.

It isn't about not holding them back it is about not fast-tracking them.

I definitely feel that young players will benefit from spending more time with the youth sides and going through the levels and gaining tournament experience rather than being rushed into the first team squad in order to be a fringe player.

Obviously a Sterling or Wilshere is a different story. But do John Stones and Luke Shaw really need to be rushed into the full squad?

Looking forward to tonight but I want to see an absolute hiding given out. Not the usual 2-0 until the part-timers get knackered with 15 minutes left. 8-0 minimum please.

Coral have just given me evens on England to win tonight, AND a free £5 bet for the Estonia game for taking them up on the offer. £10 max bet, but a tenner's a tenner.

I wonder whether we could get 11 sportsmen from other sports and still beat San Marino - a bit of a reverse of Beating the Moldovans at Tennis (for those that have read the book).

For example you could play the likes of Adam Gemili, Adam Lyth, Curtis Woodhouse who have all played football at a good level.

Nearly halftime and England 2,up in a disjointed display by us.Build up far too slow and Hendenson Milner and Chambers have been dire.SM should not be on the same pitch and feel sorry for the fans.

Anyone going tonight should have known what to expect.

Fancy us to get a fair few second half.

Not sure close is the word, been all over them whole game. Is Joe Hart even on the pitch? :smile:

Struggled to break them down first half though so nice to see a few go in 2nd half.

Not sure close is the word, been all over them whole game. Is Joe Hart even on the pitch? :smile:

Struggled to break them down first half though so nice to see a few go in 2nd half.

No I mean we've tried to play a bit too close together, we've been trying to run or play through 3 or 4 players at a time rather than get more San Marino players moving and finding the subsequent gaps. Our best chances have come when we've skipped the first or second choice "easy" passes and looked for something a bit further away.

Fair play to San Marino, they're organised, dogged, and have a plan.

Well, what did we learn? Milner was ***** and Chambers dire, Welbeck uncomfortable at times and Sterling out of form. Thought Roy should have started Lambert, might have got a few more goals if he had as Rooney missed a hatful.

What were people's thoughts on the Lallana off side "goal"? Rightly disallowed or not? We disagreed on it at home!

No it should have counted, he was onside.

No I mean we've tried to play a bit too close together, we've been trying to run or play through 3 or 4 players at a time rather than get more San Marino players moving and finding the subsequent gaps. Our best chances have come when we've skipped the first or second choice "easy" passes and looked for something a bit further away.

Ah gotcha, yeah bit too narrow first half.

Fair play to SM your having a laugh,They are terrible and should not share the same pitch ,Townsend summed it up perfectly saying they were unacceptable!

For a country with the population of Canvey Island to only be two nil down to two set pieces at half time is some achievement.

Had it not been for their 'keeper, they'd have conceded more goals, he had a great game.

Fair play to SM your having a laugh,They are terrible and should not share the same pitch ,Townsend summed it up perfectly saying they were unacceptable!

The population of San Marino could have used the empty seats at Wembley tonight and it still wouldn't have been full. They made it difficult for us in the first half and should be congratulated for that.

I don't think there's benefit for them (or us) in having smaller nations in the general qualifying. I think there should be a pre-qualifying process. However, that's a different debate.

For a country with the population of Canvey Island to only be two nil down to two set pieces at half time is some achievement.

They lost 13 0 to Germany !,Truth is we were average against a shocking embarrassing team who had the game plan of just lumping it forward to nobody.EUFA need to put these teams into their own qualifying group and if they progress from that then put them in against the bigger teams.

England did what they had to do - at least they didnt do a Spain or a Switzerland who both lost tonight.

The main lesson learnt was that we look better the fewer Liverpool players there are on the pitch.

San Marino were a disgrace and shouldn't be anywhere near International football until they show either some improvement or some willingness to cross the half way line,

Back