• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CP tweet Lib Dem Graham Longley 'If Mr Bates is not careful, he'll be known as the person who killed Southend United'

From the below to my mind the CPO does exist but may/may not be enforceable - which in itself is almost a contradiction . This is based on the below quote from Ron Woodley council leader Nov 5 2014 , and the piece underlined in bold which is not a simple yes/no statement imo.

Also below please see the Goverment guides to CPO's which some will find interesting- (especially drawing out timelines and how the appeals work). I also found a quote from Nigel Holdcroft (ex leader of council) which some will find interesting as it adds another view that Ron Woodleys comments were unclear

“The compulsory purchase order has not yet been made and given the time which has elapsed since that decision, it is likely the council should re-endorse that position for current circumstances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11487/147639.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11488/147642.pdf
http://nigel-holdcroft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/southend-uniteds-new-stadium-further.html

CP tweet Lib Dem Graham Longley 'If Mr Bates is not careful, he'll be known as the person who killed Southend United'

LOL. This is getting silly. Now MP's are flexing their muscles in public, its all a bloody joke.

It's hardly Bates' fault Sainsbury have failed to complete on several occasions. If it all goes Pete Tong, then Ron/Sainsbury are fully to blame, nobody else.

It does make me wonder if perhaps one of the Directors associated with the club (Van Wezel, Lockett etc) has purchased the site, to save the project and perhaps then sell on to either Sainsbury or A.N.Other retailer.

Or, a group or individual who wants some leverage to force RM into something else...

Please note:- The existance of this conspiracy theory does not affect your statutory rights to put forward any other conspiracy theories; conspiracy theories may be true, not true, pure conjecture, or contain a mixture of all or none of the previous. The inclusion, or omission, of facts should not be seen as any confirmation of said theory. Any claim to be 'on the inside' with Sainsbury, RM, SBC, Prospects, or Lord Lucan does not effect the feasibility, or not, of any conspiracy theory. :smile:

LOL. This is getting silly. Now MP's are flexing their muscles in public, its all a bloody joke.

It's hardly Bates' fault Sainsbury have failed to complete on several occasions. If it all goes Pete Tong, then Ron/Sainsbury are fully to blame, nobody else.

Happily Graham Longley is NOT an MP and is unlikely to become one. In fact, as a Liberal Democrat, he has less chance of becoming an MP than Ron Martin.

Happily Graham Longley is NOT an MP and is unlikely to become one. In fact, as a Liberal Democrat, he has less chance of becoming an MP than Ron Martin.

Worse than that. He was born in Southend and is a Tottenham supporter. He got his club shop in the High Street but hasn't got us our stadium. Traitor! :smile:

Think that's a bit harsh, Mick, Graham Longley is much more popular and trustworthy than Ron, mind you, Gengiz Khan's mother loved him.:smile::smiles:

I wonder if Genghis Khan is available for selection. Would get my vote.

Think that's a bit harsh, Mick, Graham Longley is much more popular and trustworthy than Ron, mind you, Gengiz Khan's mother loved him.:smile::smiles:

which of course makes Ron much more suited to be an MP

All the talk of CPOs and whatever are pretty much irrelevant seeing as we dont even know if Sainsbury want to build the store. If they dont then there is no development and no CPO to be agreed.

All the talk of CPOs and whatever are pretty much irrelevant seeing as we dont even know if Sainsbury want to build the store. If they dont then there is no development and no CPO to be agreed.

What actually happens if Sainsburys decide they don't want to build the store? Game over or is there a plan B?

What actually happens if Sainsburys decide they don't want to build the store? Game over or is there a plan B?

That you would have to ask Ron.

I can't see why it would be doomsday for us, why would it? Even if they tried to reclaim their loans it was secured as far as we know against land away from Roots Hall, so maybe they just get that. Maybe they just write off the debt completely. Who knows.

As for plan B, there would certainly have to be one, and a different one. If Sainsbury dont want a big store its unlikely anyone would just jump in with the same offer.

That you would have to ask Ron.

I can't see why it would be doomsday for us, why would it? Even if they tried to reclaim their loans it was secured as far as we know against land away from Roots Hall, so maybe they just get that. Maybe they just write off the debt completely. Who knows.

As for plan B, there would certainly have to be one, and a different one. If Sainsbury dont want a big store its unlikely anyone would just jump in with the same offer.

Probably best to ask Ron Woodley what plan B is.

The gang of four: Martin Terry, Ian Gilbert, Ron Woodley and Graham Longley. Though I appreciate RM and Sainsburys may withhold sensitive information, I do expect our elected representatives to be open and frank. Where is a council statement a) Outlining their personal view of the proposed FF project and b) Their feelings about the current situation. Come on, 'fess up!

3061551.jpg

All very odd. One thing I would say is there have been hints over the past couple of months that the club is in a healthier financial position than it has been in several years.

Example one: The payment of a transfer fee for Cian Bolger
Example two: Brown letting slip a couple of weeks back when signing JJOT that "we're in a stronger financial position now"
Example three: Ron dipping his hand in his pocked to subsidise coach and tickets for Wycombe.

Clearly something is going on. As we don't know who the buyer is for Prospects, it's easy to assume it's all doom and gloom, but the actions of Ron at the moment are not those of a chairman worried about the financial future.

Back