• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Portsmouth turned down Theo so if he's not good enough for them I'd say not for us either unless we are able to get him on a very low wage.

My Best mate supports Donny and he couldn't stand Theo. I found this surprising but if he were free then defo worth looking at.

Don't bother with Theo, forget the past, his form for some time is very poor.

PB in an interview with BBC Essex says he has spoken to a striker who is a free agent, currently training with a championship side.

Wonder who it could be?

PB in an interview with BBC Essex says he has spoken to a striker who is a free agent, currently training with a championship side.

Wonder who it could be?

Whilst I'd like us to get players in now, I like that Brown seems to have a few targets, Pigott, McLeod, & whoever this chap is. Can play them off against each other to get the best deal, ie. "you're not the only player we're interested in", and people seem to want to play for him too.

Taken from bbc sport website :
Brown added he was keen to sign another striker, and says they are looking at options including Crawley's Izale McLeod and Charlton's Joe Pigott - who scored at Wembley while on loan with the Shrimpers last season.

"Conversations have been ongoing with players, agents and clubs," said Brown. "There are two or three clubs interested in Izale McLeod and one of them has put in a substantial bid on the table for him.

"If you look at his record, he's played at a higher level and scored goals, so it would be a significant signing if we can get our hands on him.

"And obviously the Joe Pigott situation has been ongoing over the last four weeks, to which we had a little bit of a guided message with Charlton on Wednesday that could make it important we get him in before Saturday."

Phil Brown making the Brown Out Brigade looking silly again with the "has no back up plans" rubbish.

Our manager has picked a few targets that will improve our team and are certainly better than the unambitious player that left us for League 2. No wonder he felt unwanted when we have transfer targets that are twice the player than he will ever be.

Let's just wait and see, they may not come off and then Phil WILL have a few back up plans and loanys lined up to bring in.

Hats off to Ron and Phil again, these type of players are worth the wait. Lucky they aren't as clueless and impatient as some posters on here.

What I like this season is when names have been mentioned in the press or by PB he has produced the goods. Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Piggott and McLeod sign

So, whose training with a Championship side whist a free agent.

Maynard? Training with Blackburn.

So, whose training with a Championship side whist a free agent.

Maynard? Training with Blackburn.

Could be him PB is referring to. Blackburn have just signed Nathan Delfouneso so that could mean they don't want Maynard.

Noticed tha COLU have signed Darren Ambrose. Rather a sleeper over the last few seasons since leaving Palace (if you discount his Greek turn).........let's hope he doesn't wake up for them.

Back