• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great news. If McLaughlin signs I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Worrall on the two wings. That's real quality there.

No longer a target but was one last season I seem to recall was Cameron Mcgeehan then of Norwich. Instead he went on loan to Luton and signed permanently in the summer. Would have added to Phil's burgeoning collection of Irishmen not to mention some goalscoring potential in midfield.

Personally the jury is out for me but he is an improvement on Weston for sure. Be good to get some balance to the side and allow Worrall to play down the right.

Let's think back is McLaughlin really that good lets look back at he's time here, started off ok then we thought he couldn't track back and left us exposed a lot of the time and like piggot couldn't get in the side for a number of games, granted he got us out of the **** with the stevange game at home but is he really a good signing? Not sure

A signing that will make me say "meh". Does he strengthen the squad? probably. Is he a priority? not for me.

There are only two signings from here on out that I will actually be pleased with. Owen Garvan (or better) and a proven goalscorer.

Let's think back is McLaughlin really that good lets look back at he's time here, started off ok then we thought he couldn't track back and left us exposed a lot of the time and like piggot couldn't get in the side for a number of games, granted he got us out of the **** with the stevange game at home but is he really a good signing? Not sure

Showed flashes of promise, and I am sure that PB can instill a better work ethic and team ethos into him to ensure he improves his defensive side of the his game.

More importantly it gives us an extra option to add a better balance to our side with 2 proper wingers, right and left footed and the option of two forwards.

Not sure I would play him away on a wet Tuesday night at some good northern side, where 4-5-1 is a better bet, but i am sure he will create goals and also score half a dozen in a season as well.

Agree with all of the above - def better than what we have now so in that repsect its a yes as it improves the squad. Also has a sweet left foot and can be very creative.

Got us out of the what exactly. Looked like it was a fading Stevenage who were lucky to take it to extra time. Corr wasting several easy chances before the penalty miss. Another example of people blatantly lying to suit their agenda.

Ps You forgot it was his corner away at Stevenage that we equalised from

Yea but his fault for there goal if you watch it back!!!! Doesn't track back!

Yea but his fault for there goal if you watch it back!!!! Doesn't track back!

Yes buts that's exactly what we want from an 'unshackled' attacking mid-fielder. I thought we want entertainment not a team that wins things.

I thought he started quietly but got better towards the end of his spell and played a big part in the play-offs. There's definitely potential there, and he's a proper old-fashioned left-winger which are hard to find these days.

Yes buts that's exactly what we want from an 'unshackled' attacking mid-fielder. I thought we want entertainment not a team that wins things.

Exactly. Will Atkinson can do the tracking back and defensive parts of the game very well but as he demonstrated against Swindon is lacking in the final third.

If we are going to play 451 or 433 at home then Hunt with Worral & McLaughlin looks a much better proposition with both wide men having the ability to take on players, cross, and score.

For away games to the better teams then McLauhlin might not always be your man to start with.

Back