• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get that lad in from Leicester who scored a hattrick last night before Bury poach him. Great name as well - Joe Dodoo. I can see it now, he scores "dodoo doo come on and do the conga". Absolute scenes in the stands.

Get that lad in from Leicester who scored a hattrick last night before Bury poach him. Great name as well - Joe Dodoo. I can see it now, he scores "dodoo doo come on and do the conga". Absolute scenes in the stands.

I imagine a lot of lower league managers will be on the phone to Leicester about him.

Suggestions on Twitter that the Championship centre-back might be Glen Rea from Brighton, Republic of Ireland u-21 international. Brighton want to send him out on loan.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. Not suggesting he'd be our saviour, but, he took his 3 goals exceptionally well, the first one in particular nearly took the crossbar off.

He would have to be very very good to get signed, we have too many midfielders. Im all for signing "better than we have" but he would have to make a massive difference to be worthwhile.

Just need a Striker now please! and we can get our season finally up and running.

Although, unlike some doom merchants on here, im not completely dissapointed about our performance against the teams we have played so far this season. Im still confident of a mid table finish.

Most think our strikers are doo-doo anyway.

I wonder if deegan would've been offered a new deal had Garvan been training with us back when he signed on. Sure people would prefer garvan sitting on the bench to deegan
Different roles.

Deegan is there to mix it up, Garvan a different player altogether.

Timlin and Leonard can play defensive roles, but they cant play the hard ******* role.

Deegan just offers something different to every midfielder we have.

As Leonard said in the Wembley programme, you'd rather he was in your team than theirs.

Question is if Garvan is that good would we have given Timlin a contract if we had known. If the answer is no then he isnt better than we have anyway.

Timlin and Leonard can play defensive roles, but they cant play the hard ******* role.

Deegan just offers something different to every midfielder we have.

As Leonard said in the Wembley programme, you'd rather he was in your team than theirs.

Question is if Garvan is that good would we have given Timlin a contract if we had known. If the answer is no then he isnt better than we have anyway.

I agree that Deegan offers something different to our other players although I am far from convinced he offers anything better.

I was not overly concerned with his signing at the time but if utlimately we do not have the budget to sign Garvan (and he is still playing at the level he did earlier in his career) then I would consider his signing a mistake. All very easy to say of course with the benefit of hindsight!

But to play Garvan wouldnt mean dropping Deegan, it would mean dropping Leonard or Timlin.

So the question is if he is that much better than both we should be regretting signing Timlin, because it may be him who is replaced by him. If Deegan wasnt here and we signed Garvan we would have 5 central midfielders (incl Wordsworth and Atkinson) but would still lack the 'steel' that Deegan would add when needed.

For the form of the last 12 months, then Lenny deserves to be dropped if anyone, not Timlin.

Why not take the form over the last couple of games.

Leonard was excellent against Doncaster (many on here picked him as MOTM) and doesn't appear to have played badly against Swindon.

Back