• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There does not seem to be any provision for match-day parking, just retail parking. I don't see any way that there can be no provision for this so it will hopefully be in the more detailed plans yet to be revealed!
Alternatively, perhaps the club plans to fund and build a park and ride somewhere on the A127 to get people to and from the stadium on match days. Whilst I hope the club does get these plans passed, I think it could be a long road to overcome all the potential objections.

However, as many have said, BL would not put their name to something they did not belive would succeed so perhaps that's a glimmer of hope to hold on to.

Just by looking at the plans I think people are right to raise the roads/access as a concern.

I'm excited by this because it seems achievable (even if modified) because Ron has got a reputable investor/developer on board.

It's back to square one, but at least we're out of limbo.

I hope that these new plans will go through rapidly, even if Southend Council object. The government is trying to ease the planning process and the addition of homes should speed the plough.

I hope the Council will approve the plans, but they and their predecessors allowed the seafront to deteriorate by refusing application after application, allowed Southend Airport to decline from its position as England's third busiest airport in the 1960s by refusing applications to extend the runway and yet allowed some dreadful projects to proceed. I know councillors are the elected representatives of the people and that most people's default position is to oppose change, but surely they should be capable of broader strategic thinking.......?

Professionally speaking (I am a qualified Chartered Town Planner) - I think these new plans look OK, and I'm assuming that these have been developed following consultation with the local planning authority. There seems to be a logic to the development, I like the fact the soccerdomes are grouped with the industrial buildings on Sutton Road, the retail element looks largely the same (certainly in the same place), the residential and cinema are grouped around the stadium.

The devil will be in the detail (s.106 payment for town centre, highways matters etc.), but it's not a million miles away from what has been approved previously so I would be surprised if it gets called in - especially given the recent relaxations in planning policy.

One final point, whoever said about the 13-storey tower block previously - do you think they took the number off the masterplan and put 2 and 2 together (and made 13!)?

I like the plan and I like the fact that a reputable developer is fronting them.

Sounds to me like we are dealing with pros now regarding a new stadium rather then a supermarket ???

I've just done some reading on their site and they are clearly hugely experienced when it comes to developing retail parks. However there isn't anything about them doing so in conjunction with a new stadium. My guess is that this is still going to be a relatively new experience for British Land, going by their past projects

http://www.britishland.com/our-places/our-places.aspx#/list/allplaces

There does not seem to be any provision for match-day parking, just retail parking. I don't see any way that there can be no provision for this so it will hopefully be in the more detailed plans yet to be revealed!

The matchday parking element is north of the stadium (part of Rochford Council land) and does not form part of this application. However, there won't be anywhere near enough spaces there. I expect many people will park up at the industrial estate.

Alternatively, perhaps the club plans to fund and build a park and ride somewhere on the A127 to get people to and from the stadium on match days. Whilst I hope the club does get these plans passed, I think it could be a long road to overcome all the potential objections.

However, as many have said, BL would not put their name to something they did not belive would succeed so perhaps that's a glimmer of hope to hold on to.

Area 16 on the plans to the North of the stadium and next to the training facility is the match-day parking area.

The political make-up of the Council is vastly different to when they last voted the plans through all those years ago. It would be interesting to know the current views of all the current councillors although some of these will change after next May's elections. Spurs supporting Council leader Ron Woodley could be difficult for a start. The fact that many homes are in the plans could hopefully mean that it is passed although probably with some alterations.

Professionally speaking (I am a qualified Chartered Town Planner) - I think these new plans look OK, and I'm assuming that these have been developed following consultation with the local planning authority. There seems to be a logic to the development, I like the fact the soccerdomes are grouped with the industrial buildings on Sutton Road, the retail element looks largely the same (certainly in the same place), the residential and cinema are grouped around the stadium.

The devil will be in the detail (s.106 payment for town centre, highways matters etc.), but it's not a million miles away from what has been approved previously so I would be surprised if it gets called in - especially given the recent relaxations in planning policy.

One final point, whoever said about the 13-storey tower block previously - do you think they took the number off the masterplan and put 2 and 2 together (and made 13!)?

I like the plan and I like the fact that a reputable developer is fronting them.

Yep. It is very clever as this particular parcel of land is ONLY allowed to be used for "Community Sports Use" as requested by the Jones family who handed this land over many moons ago. I think it says on the gates to Jones Memorial that the land is for the use of the children and elementary schools of the borough for sporting use, or something like that. Cecil Jones School "own" that land and they must be rubbing their hands together as they will obviously get first dibs on use of the dome, for school/after school activities.

The more I look at this, the more I think it could be a goer for planning permission. As Garry says the scoping opinion was to get the council's views and clearly the restaurant part has been scaled down completely, presumably at their request.

Obviously Ron is involved so it will never happen, but it's nice to have a dream.

The more I look at this, the more I think it could be a goer for planning permission. As Garry says the scoping opinion was to get the council's views and clearly the restaurant part has been scaled down completely, presumably at their request.

Obviously Ron is involved so it will never happen, but it's nice to have a dream.

gQTkxCv.jpg

The tree lined walkway from Sutton Road to the stadium looks very pleasant though. Very Wembley Way-esque!

I would imagine (and this is only a guess) that the park and ride scheme buses will drop people off along Sutton Road, and people would make use of the walkway.

One question I do have is where is the hotel? We have hotel parking, but no hotel! I assume the hotel is incorporated into the main stand, but it doesn't say that. I guess we'll have to wait until midday...

Back