• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Working OK on Chrome in Chelmsford too!

So, this bit about being able to see the full proposals from midday..... anyone found the link on the OS yet or is it another broken promise? ;-)

One big thing not being mentioned is who will benefit from the sale of the site of Roots Hall and what is now likely to be built there now it appears Sainsbury are out of the picture.

If it's going to be the Club and it could be released for residential development then that could well be the driving factor for the completion of the stadium. IIRC correctly the Roots Hall site is a tad over 11 acres, you can get a lot of residential on 11 acres.....

Don't know how detailed the plans are for the design of the new stadium but the one on view looks a rather soulless boring bowl. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, I suppose!

The master plan link works ok for me on IE and the Edge. just takes a huge amount of time to load onto the screen.

Don't know whether anyone else has already mentioned this, but there now appears to be two domes, one is the SUFCACADEMY DOME (no 2) and the other is a COMMUNITY DOME (no 4).

One big thing not being mentioned is who will benefit from the sale of the site of Roots Hall and what is now likely to be built there now it appears Sainsbury are out of the picture.

If it's going to be the Club and it could be released for residential development then that could well be the driving factor for the completion of the stadium. IIRC correctly the Roots Hall site is a tad over 11 acres, you can get a lot of residential on 11 acres.....

Either way, I bet there's a pizza shop on the corner :blush:

I'm not sure that Sainsburys are out of the picture. Pretty certain the superstore is crashed and burned but I'm sure somebody on here recently said they are still in the game in some way. I can't be arsed to search for it, but you are welcome to.

Id try internet explorer if you use chrome. Chrome loaded eventually but IE was quicker.

To summarize:

The laymen & women (Victors & Victorias particularly) suggest its back to square one
Those who know what they are talking about through their professional capacity suggest actually changes probably not so big, likely won't be called in so not back to square one.

Who to believe? One is bad news, one is better news? Do we like bad news more? Yep we are back to square one..

Im in the laymen camp but there is no way this doesnt need to go back to square one planning wise.

To summarize:

The laymen & women (Victors & Victorias particularly) suggest its back to square one
Those who know what they are talking about through their professional capacity suggest actually changes probably not so big, likely won't be called in so not back to square one.

Who to believe? One is bad news, one is better news? Do we like bad news more? Yep we are back to square one..

We are back to square one. We have started all over again with new plans that need approving by Southend Council. That is back to square one. The difference is this time it seems that the funding is already in place so hopefully once planning permission is granted (and possibly government approval is given) then we should be able to start building rather than waiting another 5 years.

However, in terms of timescales we still have to start again at the beginning, so we're probably around 2-3 seasons (including this one) from moving ground.

And anyway, this new proposal is already behind schedule: they haven't updated their website yet even though they said midday! :winking:

Where do we get, the "funding is already in place" from ? "advance discussions" is a long way from "funding already in place"

Where do we get, the "funding is already in place" from ? "advance discussions" is a long way from "funding already in place"

If you're referring to my post, I said "it seems", not that it is. This was based on the fact that BL are now involved and I would imagine they would have everything in place by the time they're ready to start the build. I do get your point though: it's not guaranteed, but it does seem to be promising.

It's midday and the plans aren't up on the OS.

Brown out
Ron Martin out
Jason Williams caretaker manager/chairman

Id try internet explorer if you use chrome. Chrome loaded eventually but IE was quicker.

There's a first time for everything I suppose. IE actually being the best at something!

Back