• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard to tell if the access that comes off Sutton Road is a road or pedestrian walkway. Appreciate stadium parking is accessed from elsewhere, but Sutton Road will need improvements and there are properties along there.

Just had a quick look on Google maps streetview and there is an existing vehicular access to Sutton Road where the tree lined walkway is - I wonder if they will continue to use this for access to Jones Memorial Ground parking on non-matchdays or will use this as a bargaining chip in the highways negotiations (turn this into pedestrian access only will make Sutton Road safer)?

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 10.55.08.jpg

Standard in-stadium bars one would expect.

Would be nice if they built a proper pub though.

The only redeeming feature would be if they installed these: http://bottomsupbeer.com/howitworks/whyusebottomsup

[video=youtube;wiu_IX14wLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiu_IX14wLI[/video]

Apologies if these vids don't work, I can't access the sites fully at work so have only posted what little I can actually view.

Standard in-stadium bars one would expect.

Would be nice if they built a proper pub though.

I know a "Supporters' pub" was in the original plans, outside the turnstiles. Not sure if it's still planned as that masterplan is pretty vague still.

Agreed....eventually. Residential was always meant to be "phase 2" in the previous plans. But obviously these plans are significantly different. I guess it all hinges on whether the hotel company front the money to be part of the main stand. Although I cannot see the hotel marked anywhere on the plans.

Previous plans and funding are completely gone though. The only reason we went 3 stands was because we couldnt fund the whole thing.

These plans put into place a lot more so hopefully that means funding for the entire project is planned.

I dont see why we would leave building the flats in the stadium till anytime later as its denyting us the funding.

Im hopeful that a 3 sided monstrosity is now not going to happen which makes this even better news.

The political make-up of the Council is vastly different to when they last voted the plans through all those years ago. It would be interesting to know the current views of all the current councillors although some of these will change after next May's elections. Spurs supporting Council leader Ron Woodley could be difficult for a start. The fact that many homes are in the plans could hopefully mean that it is passed although probably with some alterations.

He was there for the first one so dont see why. Im sure he supported Spurs then too.

He has been quite supportive all along, the only thing he seems to want now is assurances we can build it.

How the new plans will change things with more flats etc remains to be seen.

Previous plans and funding are completely gone though. The only reason we went 3 stands was because we couldnt fund the whole thing.

These plans put into place a lot more so hopefully that means funding for the entire project is planned.

I dont see why we would leave building the flats in the stadium till anytime later as its denyting us the funding.

Im hopeful that a 3 sided monstrosity is now not going to happen which makes this even better news.

I wouldn't be too sure - this is what the OS says

The development forms part of wider plans by Martin Dawn plc to construct a new football stadium for Southend United. Martin Dawn plc is in advanced discussions with British Land plc to forward fund the retail development and which will facilitate the first phase of the new stadium.

I wouldn't be too sure - this is what the OS says

I was just about to post that. Seems strange. Maybe BL will do all the groundworks/access for the stadium as part of their overall work for the site. But then it's still up to MD to find and fund a developer for the stadium part.

There's match day parking at the north end of the development in Rochford?

Anyone else having problems veiwing the 'Master Plan' link on the OS? Just stays blank for me.. Anyway from the small picture shown, glad to see the stadium building is now seperated from the retail part, was never too keen on the two being joined, made the stadium look like part of a shopping centre.

Anyone else having problems veiwing the 'Master Plan' link on the OS? Just stays blank for me.. Anyway from the small picture shown, glad to see the stadium building is now seperated from the retail part, was never too keen on the two being joined, made the stadium look like part of a shopping centre.
Try it in Internet explorer

Didnt work on chrome for me

Working OK on Chrome up here in Yorkshire.

The solution might be to drive 200 miles up the road and try again.

Back