• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, It was.

Played some great football.

That was bizarre when Thompson didn't take the job for the following season.

I chatted recently to Tommo about this abd Gary Jones. Jones apparently needed an arm round the shoulder to play well and he didnt take the job because his partner had a miscarriage up North

I chatted recently to Tommo about this abd Gary Jones. Jones apparently needed an arm round the shoulder to play well and he didnt take the job because his partner had a miscarriage up North

Much obliged.

Gary definitely didn't have a lot of confidence. I can confirm that.

Didn't Thompson link up with Colin Murphy somewhere?

Gary Jones the offside king! remember being in the seats at Oxford - Jones had got himself offside yet again and my friend Steve shouts out "someone explain it to him" only to find that the young lady and child next to him happened to be Gary Jones's wife and kid - red faces all round!

Especially when the wife agreed and said she tried every morning with the Tommy sauce bottle and salt and pepper and he still never understood it

That end of season spell Under Thompson when he played up front with Andy Thompson , was rather good.

Yes!Thomson (Andy) playing under Thompson (Steve)-the spelling shows they weren't twins or policemen or friends of Tintin.Sorry if you can't follow that but what I can tell you (and this came directly from a well-known young player at that time)is that Thompson brought about that remarkable climb to 13th (8 wins and 2 draws in our last 12 matches ) by scaring the players senseless.Apparently even the senior players were petrified.

Barrington Belgrave was oddly popular during his time at the Hall, and yet I thought he was utter dross. Seldom has a man given such a false impression of his pace. His arms and legs moved as if he were Billy Whizz, and yet he moved glacially across the pitch. Useless.

Peter Clarke was also popular, and yet I thought he never justified his hype or price tag. His gift-wrapped goal for Jack Payne a few weeks ago, when Bury came to Roots Hall, was redolent of his howlers while he sported the Blue of SUFC...

Francis laurent

Some thought he could walk on water I thought he couldn't even pass it.

Kevin Maher. Apparently if you didn't rate him you didn't know football, which meant that every one of the managers of 68 clubs above us for the bulk of his time here didn't know football.

I liked Goater but he got his fair share of stick on here at the time and I don't recall many people suggesting that he was wrong to announce his retirement.

Not fair. Sheffield Wednesday came on for him in a swap for Leon Clarke and we turned it down.

Well, I have come late to his thread and have 7 pages of good posts and excellent memories.

Fabtastic stuff.

There are a number of strikers that I never rated including Rammell, Boere, Thomson and Iorfa.

That dog Mohsni - always out of position, frustratingly used to always shoot from 45 yards, shocking attitude, totally in it for himself and never performed (in fact continually cost us) in the big games. He cost us BIG time and ruined a changing room that seemed destined for promotion. Some people are blinkered by his passion (strops).

That dog Mohsni - always out of position, frustratingly used to always shoot from 45 yards, shocking attitude, totally in it for himself and never performed (in fact continually cost us) in the big games. He cost us BIG time and ruined a changing room that seemed destined for promotion. Some people are blinkered by his passion (strops).

Just coming on here to write a mohsni post! I cannot agree more with what you've said, only by adding he was a complete ******!!

Just coming on here to write a mohsni post! I cannot agree more with what you've said, only by adding he was a complete ******!!

Thirded, he was awesome when he wanted to be which was about 10% of the time he was here.

Mohsni was hilarious.

He couldn't have picked a better stage - JPT Final - to produce his embarrassingly worst performance in front of a live TV audience.

If we didn't know better, we'd have thought he was some sort of comedy sketch!

Back