• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Limited tickets left on the online ticket portal.
I would suggest anyone wanting to guarantee themselves a ticket order now.
Seems crazy to make the other 300 just available on the day surely it's better to sell them in advance?

Limited tickets left on the online ticket portal.
I would suggest anyone wanting to guarantee themselves a ticket order now.
Seems crazy to make the other 300 just available on the day surely it's better to sell them in advance?

Limited availability refers to 'advance' tickets i.e. 1,320 upper tier and 300 lower tier. The remainder of the lower tier will be available but only for sale on the day (at Gillingham).

Limited availability refers to 'advance' tickets i.e. 1,320 upper tier and 300 lower tier. The remainder of the lower tier will be available but only for sale on the day (at Gillingham).
Ah ok it's all a bit confusing with different figures being thrown about.
So as of about 10am this morning we had 350 tickets left for advance sale. Can't be many of those left. An update would be good plus an idea of how many will be available on the day.

Totally agree with UtS....my "Charlton review" see above, suggests that up to 2,500 can be accommodated in the away end.

1,600 tickets up for grabs in advance.

Logically (???), that leaves 900 ish available on the day......however, for the sake of clarity, it would be good if either SUFC, or GFC (as the hosts), would let fans know. :winking:

Was that Abortion of a stand named after Brian Moore before or after his death ? Just can't believe anyone in their right mind would agree to it. Suspect they hav'nt finished their ground off/upgraded on purpose. " Let them come but we don't want them to be comfortable, or hear them." OR is it because they are skint. Jeez, converting back to a terrace would be an improvement ............Anyhow, despite Gills being my first away ground in 1972 I yet again won't be making it but will be at RH for Port Vale, also a kinda away match for me.
:happy:

Why's that Tommy?...if the shoe was on the other foot...

Having crappy away stands such as the old Mk Dons stadium sitting on scaffodling and Brighton (ok, all stands at the old Brighton were useless, with that running track).. but I think if you don't have the funds for a proper 4 sided stadium, build the 3 home sides first, and deal with the visitors later... who cares if you cant hear their chants. It could be our 12th man advantage.

In other news, (it wont come as any surprise) but apparently, according to a mate who was in the club shop just before closing tonight, enquired about the ticket sales & was told we have sold the last of 50 tickets for the upper tier, so the lower tier is now available to all.

So 1,320 Shrimpers already in the bag for the "South East Derby", and no doubt 1,600+ between now and kick off.

UTB

:happy:

If the shoe was on the other foot I be embarrassed.

When it was put up it was labelled a temporary measure. Does it really cost that much to put a basic 1500 - 2000 capacity away end in?

Selling tickets at £10 per head can't yield much In the way of profit. That stand must put off many away fans, especially in the winter months.

They were offered 4 million for Bradley Dack who has been garbage this season. Should have cashed in and built a stand to bring in continuous revenue.

But I'm no chairman.

Back on thread I'm going for 2-0 blues win

As previously posted.....glad to see the back of Emmanualle-Thomas....he tore us a new buttock earlier in the year :omg:

That's a bit of a strange one. Emmanuel Thomas has been sent back to QPR with suggestions that he has been a naughty boy. As he was on a season long loan it seems he can't now play for QPR until next season. I'm really gutted he won't be playing as the two games at Roots Hall showed how rubbish he was!:winking: (smug mode).

I'm amazed that people are annoyed that Gillingham have a rubbish away end when they have built 2 new stands in the last 20 years while we haven't managed to lay a brick. At least they have made some progress rather than complete zero. (Just to add I think that stand is horrible too).

I'm amazed that people are annoyed that Gillingham have a rubbish away end when they have built 2 new stands in the last 20 years while we haven't managed to lay a brick. At least they have made some progress rather than complete zero. (Just to add I think that stand is horrible too).

Also Gills like us have ambitions of moving so it makes no sense to build a whole new stand.

Worst away end in the Football League and it's about time we beat them there and with our current form I can't see anything other than a Southend win

2-0

Actually they have built 3 new stands since 1997 (4 if you include the away end!) and their corporate facilities are miles better than ours. Apart from the crap away end it's a smart ground considering the space they had available.
Now what have we done to Roots Hall in the last 20 years. Oh yeah a coat of paint 10 years ago.

Worst away end in the Football League and it's about time we beat them there and with our current form I can't see anything other than a Southend win

2-0

Let's not get carried away with the win at Peterborough - they weren't very well organised and had players missing.

I think Gillingham will be a completely different kettle of fish. They may be at home but I think their priorities will be to get at least a point given that they are slipping down the table and have not won in 11 matches.

So they may well defend, tackle back, contest every ball in their half, let us have possession across the back four and try to get a goal from set pieces or a break away.

Let's not get carried away with the win at Peterborough - they weren't very well organised and had players missing.

I think Gillingham will be a completely different kettle of fish. They may be at home but I think their priorities will be to get at least a point given that they are slipping down the table and have not won in 11 matches.

So they may well defend, tackle back, contest every ball in their half, let us have possession across the back four and try to get a goal from set pieces or a break away.

Peterborough were poor but we've lost 2 in 22. Gillingham are 18th in the League and we're at a stage of the season now where the table isn't lying.

If the shoe was on the other foot I be embarrassed.

When it was put up it was labelled a temporary measure. Does it really cost that much to put a basic 1500 - 2000 capacity away end in?

Selling tickets at £10 per head can't yield much In the way of profit. That stand must put off many away fans, especially in the winter months.

They were offered 4 million for Bradley Dack who has been garbage this season. Should have cashed in and built a stand to bring in continuous revenue.

But I'm no chairman.

Back on thread I'm going for 2-0 blues win

It would cost more than you might think. Maidstone Utd are constructing a 1,700 capacity covered standing terrace behind one goal and that's costing them £790,000 !

Back