• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Until the next time.. do you read the echo and support constant offenders on there? Or is it because he's just a Southend player so allowed to get away with things so gets your support?

I'm not surprised that there are diverse views on his release but whatever we think Nile is still contracted to the club and therefore a potential asset. It's very clear that the club still intend to revive his football career for the benefit of the Club and the supporters. If it doesn't work out Ron will act, but for now he is our player and if he makes the first 11 he will have earned that chance, after that it's up to him. Whether I'm thinking with my heart or my head is irrelevant to those facts Leo.

Blues striker Ranger is released from prison

SOUTHEND United have confirmed striker Nile Ranger has been released from prison.

More...

I'm not surprised that there are diverse views on his release but whatever we think Nile is still contracted to the club and therefore a potential asset. It's very clear that the club still intend to revive his football career for the benefit of the Club and the supporters. If it doesn't work out Ron will act, but for now he is our player and if he makes the first 11 he will have earned that chance, after that it's up to him. Whether I'm thinking with my heart or my head is irrelevant to those facts Leo.

By that logic he's also a liability!

Consistently.
Excellent.
Custodial.
Behaviour.

Can't say I was 100% expecting that but well done Nile for proving many of us wrong. Now please sir, take this chance with both hands and become the man your talents might allow you to be. Make us proud rather than uncomfortable in our support.

If he is under evening curfew for up to six weeks then that will rule him out of any evening games or long distance away fixtures. Of course, he may not be selected until he is fit.

I gave the guy a chance. He was suspended (for what ever reason), didn't train well (widely documented) and then the jail term. We as fans didn't know about the offence when he signed, it was only brought to light later on.

I can't and refuse to support such a person. if I were to open up the Echo and read about a person constantly offending, I would have the same view. Just because he's a Southend Utd player doesn't change my view I'm afraid. Yet it does with some on here.

For what it's worth I can't see him keeping his nose clean and seeing out his contract either.

But at the moment, given he was investigated and no wrongdoing was found after he was suspended in Jan, the training attitude is speculation even if it is believable and widely reported, and he has now served a sentence for a crime he committed before he joined the club, I am going to continue to support him while he wears a Southend United shirt.

I will also be giving dogs abuse to Luke McCormick when he comes down here next week but that is because he plays for a team that is not Southend United. Hypocritical, yes but then I am a football fan and most of us are hypocrites if we are honest.

For what it's worth I can't see him keeping his nose clean and seeing out his contract either.

But at the moment, given he was investigated and no wrongdoing was found after he was suspended in Jan, the training attitude is speculation even if it is believable and widely reported, and he has now served a sentence for a crime he committed before he joined the club, I am going to continue to support him while he wears a Southend United shirt.

I will also be giving dogs abuse to Luke McCormick when he comes down here next week but that is because he plays for a team that is not Southend United. Hypocritical, yes but then I am a football fan and most of us are hypocrites if we are honest.

Not sure you can really put Ranger and McCormick in the same category.

I gave the guy a chance. He was suspended (for what ever reason), didn't train well (widely documented) and then the jail term. We as fans didn't know about the offence when he signed, it was only brought to light later on.

I can't and refuse to support such a person. if I were to open up the Echo and read about a person constantly offending, I would have the same view. Just because he's a Southend Utd player doesn't change my view I'm afraid. Yet it does with some on here.

Can we end this myth that Ranger doesn't train well. You can see why all the top pros are media coached to say absolutely nothing of any interest in an interview. Nile makes the mistake of admitting he's not the best and it has been taken down and used in evidence against him.

When he was injured he was being put through his paces by the likes of Jamie Douglas and I never witnessed any slacking. Now I don't watch training anywhere near as much as TSNB but one time late last season I watched Nile stay out on his own whilst PB supplied some, decent by the way, crosses. Nile was practising attacking the ball and heading down into an empty net as the keepers had finished. This was towards the end when he knew he was likely to face a prison sentence. He did struggle at first but after a while he got the hang of power and heading down whilst a fair way out.

The next home game was Walsall and does anyone remember what happened early in the second half when we were 2-0 down.......That's right Nile got us back in the game with exactly that type of header........That ladies and gentlemen is why PB and the rest of the club want him back with us.

Yes it is a risk but I believe its one worth taking so he will get my support.

lets hope he knuckles down and trains hard .At present he has two options either he keeps his nose clean and puts in a shift to catch the others up .Or he is completely stupid and goes back inside .Come on Nile prove the doubters wrong and show what your made of .

I saw Chris Philip's tweet "Nile Ranger released from prison...more to follow." My initial reaction was to wonder why there would be an exodus of prisoners after Nile being released. "More to follow"? Has Nile been given Pied Piper powers whilst being "entertained at Her majesty's pleasure"?

Very and sums up some on here.

Can we end this myth that Ranger doesn't train well. You can see why all the top pros are media coached to say absolutely nothing of any interest in an interview. Nile makes the mistake of admitting he's not the best and it has been taken down and used in evidence against him.

When he was injured he was being put through his paces by the likes of Jamie Douglas and I never witnessed any slacking. Now I don't watch training anywhere near as much as TSNB but one time late last season I watched Nile stay out on his own whilst PB supplied some, decent by the way, crosses. Nile was practising attacking the ball and heading down into an empty net as the keepers had finished. This was towards the end when he knew he was likely to face a prison sentence. He did struggle at first but after a while he got the hang of power and heading down whilst a fair way out.

The next home game was Walsall and does anyone remember what happened early in the second half when we were 2-0 down.......That's right Nile got us back in the game with exactly that type of header........That ladies and gentlemen is why PB and the rest of the club want him back with us.

Yes it is a risk but I believe its one worth taking so he will get my support.

Yes indeed, whilst we're at it lets pretend his a lovely person :nope:

Until the next time.. do you read the echo and support constant offenders on there? Or is it because he's just a Southend player so allowed to get away with things so gets your support?
I have never said that I support what NR did / has done, so do not put words into my mouth!
What I was referring to was the people on here who assumed that he was being kept in clink because of poor behaviour - which he clearly wasn't.
People constantly jump to conclusions on this site and make untrue statements based on no facts - it was them to whom I was referring are you one of them?
I would ask you, that seeing you have such strong feelings will you not be attending matches when NR or other players in our current squad who have been in trouble with the law (3 current team members I believe) are playing. Or is your opinion reserved for NR only and if so why?

I have never said that I support what NR did / has done, so do not put words into my mouth!
What I was referring to was the people on here who assumed that he was being kept in clink because of poor behaviour - which he clearly wasn't.
People constantly jump to conclusions on this site and make untrue statements based on no facts - it was them to whom I was referring are you one of them?
I would ask you, that seeing you have such strong feelings will you not be attending matches when NR or other players in our current squad who have been in trouble with the law (3 current team members I believe) are playing. Or is your opinion reserved for NR only and if so why?

Do you know for sure he hasn't then? Or just listening to the media?

I support the club and shirt, not the player. As for the other (3 members) I don't think you can put there errors in the same context as NR AND they have learned from there mistakes which is my issue with NR, who never will.

Back