• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I did say "or equivalent"! :raspberry: Obviously it meant one pint of beer!!!

Beer?? I doubt that, possibly fizzy lager pop, AND when a convicted driver states "only two pints" then they really mean "at least five"; such is the way of seedier side of life.

He was twice over the legal drink limit and got behind the wheel of a car, which endangers the lives of himself and others.

If you think it's ok to drink 2 pints then drive a few hours after, then I'm truly shocked at people's attitude to drink driving - it's not an 'error of judgement' as Pubey puts it, it's a heck of a lot more serious than that!!!

Anyway back to Ranger; he's served his time (for something he did before he joined us), I have no idea what went on in January and I never heard of the so called widely reported training lapses, therefore let's see how he does from now.

I think my point wasn't made clearly. I do not think driving with 2 pints is acceptable (I refuse to drive even after 1 because a lot of evidence suggests even that is dangerous) and it quite rightly is illegal, however if you feel McCormick should never be forgiven then anyone that has ever been caught drink driving on two pints should never be forgiven as well. I'm sure if someone local got caught drink driving you wouldn't spend the rest of your life hating them, but they would have done exactly the same thing as McCormick and just been more lucky.

English session ale, or a trappist tripel?

Beer?? I doubt that, possibly fizzy lager pop, AND when a convicted driver states "only two pints" then they really mean "at least five"; such is the way of seedier side of life.

I think my point wasn't made clearly. I do not think driving with 2 pints is acceptable (I refuse to drive even after 1 because a lot of evidence suggests even that is dangerous) and it quite rightly is illegal, however if you feel McCormick should never be forgiven then anyone that has ever been caught drink driving on two pints should never be forgiven as well. I'm sure if someone local got caught drink driving you wouldn't spend the rest of your life hating them, but they would have done exactly the same thing as McCormick and just been more lucky.

This thread is slowly but ever so surely slipping away from the original topic of Nile Ranger being in jail and then getting released. Whilst the various aspects of drinking and driving are important social subjects, they aren't much, if anything, to do with Nile coming out of jail. So can we get the thread back on topic. Thanks all.

Bump.............

Nasty business with McCormick, anyone who drink drives, whilst speeding and on their phone may as well have a loaded in their hand.

At the end of the day he has to live with that on his conscience and abuse whenever he steps out onto the pitch. Nothing compared with the family concerned, which is why I can forgive and support Ranger in his rehab, yes he committed a serious crime but the victim will carry on with their life, McCormicks victims will never do that.

Reading a lads mag whilst driving is far worse than drinking, speeding and on the phone combined :unsure:

I hear Nile's asked to go back into prison for another couple of months! :winking:

I hear Nile's asked to go back into prison for another couple of months! :winking:
haha, yeah after yesterday's performance I hear that his family; when asked say he's in jail, which is less embarrassing than telling them he plays for Southend :smile:

I don't think it's ok to drink and drive. I think the threshold should be lower to take away the '1 or 2 is ok' argument. I don't know the full facts of what happened with Luke McCormick and whether he made a terrible decision when steaming, or if he intended to drink drive. But either way, I'm sure he didn't set off with the intention to crash into another car

His agent is a friend of mine. By all accounts he's a really decent guy who made a terrible mistake. He genuinely didn't think he was still over the limit. He thought he'd slept it off. He was tragically very wrong.

What's more, I've done the same thing with less tragic consequences. It simply didn't occur to me that, the morning after, I might still be over the limit. It didn't even occur to me until I studied human performance as part of my flying exams about 15 years later.

His agent is a friend of mine. By all accounts he's a really decent guy who made a terrible mistake. He genuinely didn't think he was still over the limit. He thought he'd slept it off. He was tragically very wrong.

What's more, I've done the same thing with less tragic consequences. It simply didn't occur to me that, the morning after, I might still be over the limit. It didn't even occur to me until I studied human performance as part of my flying exams about 15 years later.

This really needs to be emphasised more through some kind of campaign. It takes about 2 hours to break down a 4% pint of beer, 3 hours if you have something at 5%. If you have 5 pints of a 5% or higher beer at the pub then you will be over the limit if you try to drive to work in the morning, even though odds are you will feel OK.

This really needs to be emphasised more through some kind of campaign. It takes about 2 hours to break down a 4% pint of beer, 3 hours if you have something at 5%. If you have 5 pints of a 5% or higher beer at the pub then you will be over the limit if you try to drive to work in the morning, even though odds are you will feel OK.

In flying each unit you drink is an hour before you can fly. Even then you add one hour because you don't break down any alcohol in the 1st hour.

"I never said I was, look at the original post. "David Icke" held him up as a paragon of virtue."

Moore was not a paragon of virtue. Was just saying he would have sent Ranger packing for scamming a vulnerable member of our society - as would some other managers we've had here, who would have felt sickened by having a repulsive presence such as this around the club.

Moore was not a paragon of virtue. All I was saying was he would have sent Ranger packing for scamming a vulnerable member of our society - as would some other managers we've had here, who would have felt sickened by having a repulsive presence such as this around the club.

Only one flaw in your logic, Anton Johnson was in charge and surely BM would not have wanted to work with someone with a past

UTS

McCormick killed 2 small boys and maimed their father using his phone whilst drunk at the wheel of his Range Rover, comparing his crime to Nile Ranger is delusional.

If McCormack had signed for Southend after his release I would, out of principle NOT watch the blues any longer

Others consistently berate Ranger however still pay to watch the team, I find that odd personally

Why do you find it odd? I'm one who very much questions whether Ranger should have a future here but have absolutely no intention of stopping supporting the team I love.
God willing, I'll still be supporting Southend long after the likes of Nile Ranger have departed.

Back