• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Kiri on C4. Social worker (apparantly) fugs up and puts a 9yr old vulnerable child into the hands of an (apparantly) drug dealing murdering dad. Twas alright - bleak and "gritty", though made me wonder why humanity is entertained by such grim storylines.

Been watching a Japanese show on Netflix called Erased.

A serial killer type affair that involves plot twists and time travel of a strange type.

Cracking show. 8 out 10

McMafia.

Quite enjoying it so far but you would have thought the BBC must be running short on public school/Oxbridge actors by now.

Forbidden games: The Justin Fashanu story on Netflix

To be honest I didn't know a great deal about his story and kind of got an idea from snippets I had heard and seen in the media, the picture I had was totally different from the facts. A really sad story and I was quite shocked about what was acceptable in the 80's and early 90's, there are things said by Brian Clough and Margeret Thatcher that would have them sacked on the spot today. I lived through it but being born in 81 I was a kid and pretty oblivious. It's very balanced, you certainly hear the good and bad about Justin. His brother John comes across like he has never forgiven him for being gay but has warm feelings for the older brother who looked after him while they were in care, very conflicted. Their Mum comes across as cold and remorseless, not understanding why Justin had an issue with him and John being given into foster care while the other children weren't.

There is so much to the documentary and I'd highly recommend it.

Forbidden games: The Justin Fashanu story on Netflix

To be honest I didn't know a great deal about his story and kind of got an idea from snippets I had heard and seen in the media, the picture I had was totally different from the facts. A really sad story and I was quite shocked about what was acceptable in the 80's and early 90's, there are things said by Brian Clough and Margeret Thatcher that would have them sacked on the spot today. I lived through it but being born in 81 I was a kid and pretty oblivious. It's very balanced, you certainly hear the good and bad about Justin. His brother John comes across like he has never forgiven him for being gay but has warm feelings for the older brother who looked after him while they were in care, very conflicted. Their Mum comes across as cold and remorseless, not understanding why Justin had an issue with him and John being given into foster care while the other children weren't.

There is so much to the documentary and I'd highly recommend it.

And still some 20 years on, there's not one "out" footballer playing professionally. :nope:

The last Inside No.9........oh dear....is that the sound of the shark being jumped? Very poor, very few laughs and a cliched twist that has been done better elsewhere.

And still some 20 years on, there's not one "out" footballer playing professionally. :nope:

The last Inside No.9........oh dear....is that the sound of the shark being jumped? Very poor, very few laughs and a cliched twist that has been done better elsewhere.

There isn't but you can't watch that documentary and not think massive strides have been made in that space of time. I'm not saying they would have an easy ride but any pro footballer to come out now would have it a lot easier than Justin, times have changed thankfully.

There isn't but you can't watch that documentary and not think massive strides have been made in that space of time. I'm not saying they would have an easy ride but any pro footballer to come out now would have it a lot easier than Justin, times have changed thankfully.

Oh in other walks of life, absolutely. Football is sometimes still stuck in the past.

No, it isn't.

I'm genuinely curious you should say that - pretty much every review I've read said it was a masterpiece. Similarly, chatting to mates the next day, we all thought it was one of the very best too. I absolutely loved it, although "Twelve Days Of Christine" remains my favourite.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...sing-room-review-bbc-television-a8147061.html

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/insi...isode-2-review-bernie-clifton-s-dressing-room

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/no-room-improvement-inside-no9-11824600

I really enjoyed the recent show on the Beeb about the ultra-orthodox Jewish communities moving to Canvey Island. Maybe a slight bias as I'm from Canvey so I spent a lot of time pointing at the telly saying - "I know that place!" but it was a heartening 45 minutes of telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09m2kvy

No, it isn't.

I'm genuinely curious you should say that - pretty much every review I've read said it was a masterpiece. Similarly, chatting to mates the next day, we all thought it was one of the very best too. I absolutely loved it, although "Twelve Days Of Christine" remains my favourite.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...sing-room-review-bbc-television-a8147061.html

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/insi...isode-2-review-bernie-clifton-s-dressing-room

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/no-room-improvement-inside-no9-11824600

Not a massive Inside No. 9 fan, but that was an exceptional piece of TV.

I thought it was fantastic. The hotel episode the week before was very tedious though.

After many people telling me to watch Peaky Blinders, I have finally had time to sit down and watch it last night for the first time. It was my intention to watch the first episode of the first series, I ended up watching 3. Excellent so far and soon I will begin to understand what everyone else is talking about when they are speaking about Peaky Blinders! Cillian Murphy is a fantastic actor.
You just reminded me that I need to watch this, forever hearing Alan Brazil rave about this on TalkSport, so need to I get with the programme !

Did no-one else watch "The Promised Island" last week about the relocation of a large group of Hasidic Jews from Stamford Hill to Canvey?

Thought it was really interesting and was quite moving how various members of the local community made huge efforts to reach out to them. Still available on iplayer if anyone's still interested.

We've sold a couple of houses to the Jewish landlords mentioned, who are buying lots of suitable properties in a certain area, so it had a relevance to me.

I really enjoyed the recent show on the Beeb about the ultra-orthodox Jewish communities moving to Canvey Island. Maybe a slight bias as I'm from Canvey so I spent a lot of time pointing at the telly saying - "I know that place!" but it was a heartening 45 minutes of telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09m2kvy

Did no-one else watch "The Promised Island" last week about the relocation of a large group of Hasidic Jews from Stamford Hill to Canvey?

Thought it was really interesting and was quite moving how various members of the local community made huge efforts to reach out to them. Still available on iplayer if anyone's still interested.

We've sold a couple of houses to the Jewish landlords mentioned, who are buying lots of suitable properties in a certain area, so it had a relevance to me.

Yes. Yes I did.

Back