• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sorry my last post was cut short It was ment to say SOD OFF MR BROWN YOUR FIRED 6little words

I agree. I am underwhelmed by his managerial record and according to many, his style of play isn't particularly enthralling.

This is a big decision and we need to get it right. Hope Ron is using his head, not his heart.

He is intelligent, articulate, respectful, coherent and somebody who provided the club with six years of flawless service.
All qualities our current incumbent is sorely lacking - if nothing else, it'll give us all the lift we so badly need.

It's shaping up to be another day, another windup. How long does it take to say goodbye?

Hmm. I don’t know what happened there :nope:

Whatever it was though, it wasn’t my fault. I’ve been let down by the message board and my phone, and come to that if EE had delivered on my request for a better phone this would never have happened.

So that's what Tilly was doing at Northampton.

Spying for Powelly!

No wonder he didn't get Directors Box tickets!

Whatever happens just hope the club gets it sorted quickly,

either sack PB and bring the new manager in and sign some players,

or back PB and give him some money to sign new players,

I would prefer the former, but given the fact that so many players don’t want to come here we will get a manager even worse than Phil,

Bottom line is the club need to act fast, get the manager role sorted today, and start bringing players in, if they dither then we are going down...

Well put sir.
Don't get me wrong seeing Chris Powell introduced as gaffer would be a true highlight (I welled up big time when he got picked for england) galvanizing indeed.

Thing is, Chris Powell is an absolute legend, and for many reasons.

If it doesn't work, no doubt some those IQ lackers we appear to have in abundance will be quick to be on his back, in his face, abusing him on social media.

Chris Powell is a legend. And deserves to remain so, and has earned the right to always have his dignity in tact in this town.

But, you know, if the "wiggle it" song goes up at home to Scunthorpe, I will have a grin as large as a queue at the local A&E.

If it doesn't work, no doubt some those IQ lackers we appear to have in abundance will be quick to be on his back, in his face, abusing him on social media.

Chris Powell is a legend. And deserves to remain so, and has earned the right to always have his dignity in tact in this town.

But, you know, if the "wiggle it" song goes up at home to Scunthorpe, I will have a grin as large as a queue at the local A&E.

Not necessarily. Steve Tilson is still a well-loved legend and rightly so, despite the way his managerial tenure ended. Chrissy will, I’m sure, conduct himself well and with honour regardless of results. That will be enough to ensure his ongoing status as a club legend. Success would be the cherry on top.

Chris Powell may well lift the fans, but would he lift the players? Seems a knee-jerk reaction to appoint a former favorite player with the hope that he will be as good a manager for us as he was a player.

I'm sure Ron wouldn't be overly swayed by what us fans want.

Agreed....imagine the intro on the pitch for his first home game I would lose my ****

Back