• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell may well lift the fans, but would he lift the players? Seems a knee-jerk reaction to appoint a former favorite player with the hope that he will be as good a manager for us as he was a player.

I'm sure Ron wouldn't be overly swayed by what us fans want.

He has won this division as a manager so not too knee jerk in that respect and managed in the championship and recent years coaching in the prem and championship too.

Thing is, Chris Powell is an absolute legend, and for many reasons.

If it doesn't work, no doubt some those IQ lackers we appear to have in abundance will be quick to be on his back, in his face, abusing him on social media.

Chris Powell is a legend. And deserves to remain so, and has earned the right to always have his dignity in tact in this town.

But, you know, if the "wiggle it" song goes up at home to Scunthorpe, I will have a grin as large as a queue at the local A&E.

I must admit hearing this at Roots Hall again would bring back some great memories

Chris Powell would be a great appointment and those claiming just cos he's a fans favourite blah blah blah.
With Charlton he took them up out of league 1 in his first season and then 9th in the championship before Charlton got taken over and wanted to make there own mark on the club.

Decent appointment IMO if it comes off.

* Clears throat *

"We've got Chris Powell
Chrissy 'wiggle it' Powell
I just don't think you understand
He's Ron Martin's Man
He's better than Sun Tan
We've got Chrissy 'wiggle it' Powell!"

NB : Subject to confirmation and agreed personal terms!

Lets address all of our problems in one go, two good appointments would be Chris Powell and Alan Titchmarsh (as long as he promises not just to put decking across the whole pitch)

I'm a bit apprehensive of Powell as manager. Loved him as a player but he hasn't been that impressive as a manager elsewhere, would hate for him to come here and sour his memory.
Peter Taylor springs to mind .

Lets address all of our problems in one go, two good appointments would be Chris Powell and Alan Titchmarsh (as long as he promises not just to put decking across the whole pitch)

If we get in Judith Chalmers too we might be a bit better on our travels.

Back