• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good that the whole backroom staff have gone. This leaves the new manager with a clean sheet (sorry Phil) and a chance to bring his own people in which is what most managers like to do.
Where ever Chris Powell goes Alex Dyer goes too .

Good that the whole backroom staff have gone. This leaves the new manager with a clean sheet (sorry Phil) and a chance to bring his own people in which is what most managers like to do.

My guess is that the new target has already said he wants to bring his new team in. Cant imagine why you would get rid of Coughlan etc otherwise.

It had to be and in particular if you were going to make a serious change then quite correctly all the main background staff needed to go. I have consistently highlighted problems with scouting and recruitment , so see the opportunity to significantly modernise and refresh by looking at the Systems , Staff, and structure in place. I admire Rons acknowledgement that a complete root and branch rethink is appropriate and that he has clearly thought long and hard about it, Sorry to see Cokko go and I hope he does very well for someone else he certainly deserves it. Time for riggers to tell me how wrong ive been

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but this article in the Scum suggests Powell is coming in...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5364065/southend-united-phil-brown-sacked-chris-powell/

A weird article that doesn't actually mention Chrissy Powell in it (there's a photo of him and a mention of him in the sub headline).

Depressing how the headline is "Former Premier League boss". The story here is that the mighty Southend United are now free of him.

Back