• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wouldn't be overly concerned on that.

My understanding is that it was Powelly who was reluctant to get back into management and was taking a break from it.

Which is not at all surprising given the shocking treatment he had from dodgy owners at Charlton and Huddersfield.

I agree. Chris Powell isn't available because he failed somewhere else. Sure there is an impressive list of out of work managers but in most cases that is because they have failed. See MK Dons have just sacked their manager, so another one to add to an ever growing list. Just wonder whether if they are on the list of Brown's dream jobs !

Just can't wait for Chris to get started.

Me too.

Looking forward to Saturday when he is introduced to the crowd.

There'll be a real buzz about the place.

COYB! :happy:

What concerns me slightly is that with all the management changes in recent times Chris Powell is still without a managers job.

Let me just put my rose tinted spectacles on..

Perhaps he’s been put off management by how he has been treated whilst one, especially at Charlton where fans seem to have enjoyed his time there but the owners messed him about.

For all Rons faults, 3 managers in 15 years is incredible when you consider some teams are on their third manager of the season. Seeing how much time managers are given must make us a slightly more attractive proposition over some other jobs that have been available.

There is also the lure of the new stadium, oops, were Little, Wignall, Martin,Newman, Tilson, Sturrock, and Brown told that too?

The new manager issss " The Invisable Man " that's my guess. All this waiting and more waiting is getting a joke now. Don't think RM has anyone in place yet. Let alone any possible signings, poor planning me thinks !:unsure:

... yep and Rowley and Smith! :winking:

I will have to dig out my 1975 QPR FAC 3rd round replay programme from my mums loft......I pretty sure its that one that has write up about Southend's plans for the new all seater West stand at RH.

What time is the big unveiling of the new manager tomorrow .:happy::happy::happy:

CP has put up a photo on his Twitter page of Chris Powell on the train coming back from Manchester read into that what you will..Its looking good that CP will be our next manager..

And apparently the person who took the photo asked him if he was coming to us and his reply was, "See you next week."

I will have to dig out my 1975 QPR FAC 3rd round replay programme from my mums loft......I pretty sure its that one that has write up about Southend's plans for the new all seater West stand at RH.
I remember Arthur Rowley saying that he wanted The North Bank to be made bigger .

The new manager issss " The Invisable Man " that's my guess. All this waiting and more waiting is getting a joke now. Don't think RM has anyone in place yet. Let alone any possible signings, poor planning me thinks !:unsure:

Is this a wind up? Ron Martin couldn't talk to Chris Powell whilst we still had a Manager. Lots of things to sort out for Chris Powell. And now the negotiations over a contract have started, that suits both sides. It won't be much longer.

Watford Boss has just been sacked? Go on Ron. :unsure: Heard that Brown has sent in his CV already, Press conference later from the his favourite hotel on how he's always loved Elton John songs and John Barnes. :dim:

Watford Boss has just been sacked? Go on Ron. :unsure: Heard that Brown has sent in his CV already, Press conference later from the his favourite hotel on how he's always loved Elton John songs and John Barnes. :dim:

"Watford can't play to save their lives, amigo!"
"I agree"
"Oh, you do?.. Well, then I don't agree! .. I think they can play. They just need a new manager!"

Manager is in the frame for a dream job, doesn't get it and his current team go on the slide losing nine in ten. He then gets the sack. Who could this be?

Wrong colour for Phil...he prefers orange to yellow:smile::blush:

It's been four days mate.

Back