• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Overrated managers

cerbera45

Coach⭐
I could be mischievous here and say Phil Brown :Fishing: but I'll kick things off with Glenn Hoddle

Got two for consideration Graeme Souness who seemed to be very good at losing the dressing room !
Brendan Rodgers who always did well with inherited teams (not counting his success in jockland as it was a 1 horse race) but never built his own winning squads some very poor signings imo

Jurgen Klopp

What the manager who has won 12 major trophies including the league twice in Germany against the might of Bayern Munich and the PL against a Gulf state own club and without him our top flight would have been as boring as it has been so many years in Scotland.
Also twice won coach of the year !!.

You must be having a laugh.😂

What the manager who has won 12 major trophies including the league twice in Germany against the might of Bayern Munich and the PL against a Gulf state own club and without him our top flight would have been as boring as it has been so many years in Scotland.
Also twice won coach of the year !!.

You must be having a laugh.😂
Plenty of managers have won trophies. Di Matteo won the Champions League. Doesn’t make him a great manager. My point is over rated. They way they talk about him in the same breath as the ‘greats’ is embarrassing.

You also make it out like he’s done it on a shoestring. They spent silly money at Liverpool as well, some people seem to forget that.

Carlo Ancelotti. Bailed out by getting on with the players at Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Chelsea, done nothing anywhere where the players aren’t the best in the league with Napoli, Everton. Yeah, he did well with Berlusconi money at Milan, but that was 15 years ago.

Plenty of managers have won trophies. Di Matteo won the Champions League. Doesn’t make him a great manager. My point is over rated. They way they talk about him in the same breath as the ‘greats’ is embarrassing.

You also make it out like he’s done it on a shoestring. They spent silly money at Liverpool as well, some people seem to forget that.
Klopp's achievements in Germany are far greater than what he's done with Liverpool and he wasn't spending silly money there.

Anyway back on topic my overrated manager is Pochettino, he's not terrible but I have no idea why Chelsea were so keen to hire him.

Carlo Ancelotti. Bailed out by getting on with the players at Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Chelsea, done nothing anywhere where the players aren’t the best in the league with Napoli, Everton. Yeah, he did well with Berlusconi money at Milan, but that was 15 years ago.
The only manager to win titles in all five of the major leagues in Europe. What a failure, eh?

Always thought Darren Ferguson was over rated, but always find a way home to Peterborough.
On the big front Thomas Tuchel, but his trophies at PSG/ Chelsea / Bayern tell a different story so what do I know

The only manager to win titles in all five of the major leagues in Europe. What a failure, eh?
Must be really hard to win the league with PSG, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid…

Erm, well that’s only three clubs and the titles still had to be won…. it sure wasn’t luck he managed it in five different leagues

There was that world cup winning captain who managed Southend , also that Liverpool legend that managed Southend ,the two Redknap managers that he introduced to RM that managed Southend .

Back