• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Overrated managers

In recent times I have to say Vincent kompany. Year ago the media were over hyping kompany saying he ready for top job because burnley were playing this fantastic football in the championship, considering the championship was pretty weak last season it wasn't that hard to look like prime barca when you got the biggest budget in the league and playing likes of Birmingham and Rotherham. Considering this season kompany hasn't really got many wins to his name and with burnley facing an inevitable relegation his stock has gone down considerably and rightly so.

Yeah, him and that Alex Ferguson and Bill Shankly ! And definitely Brian Clough… all won f*** all 😂
Are you putting Klopp on the same breath as those three. I think that’s more laughable than your attempt at humour.

Moore was unlucky to manage a team in total despair, cannot understand why he was never given a chance , maybe things we didn’t know stopped him staying in football after his playing days

Moore was unlucky to manage a team in total despair, cannot understand why he was never given a chance , maybe things we didn’t know stopped him staying in football after his playing days

He was a complete alcoholic, who was terrible at coaching and assumed everyone was capable as he was on the field. The players regularly didn't even know the line up until 5 minutes before kick off as he was still at the Halfway House (proprietor B. Dear).

He wasn't overrated anyway. Him and early 1980s Southend were the match made in heaven.

Plenty of managers have won trophies. Di Matteo won the Champions League. Doesn’t make him a great manager. My point is over rated. They way they talk about him in the same breath as the ‘greats’ is embarrassing.

You also make it out like he’s done it on a shoestring. They spent silly money at Liverpool as well, some people seem to forget that.
The money in top flight football is obscene I think most agree.Liverpool in relation to the likes of Manchester Utd and City Chelsea etc have spent more modestly and have been very successful. Plus his success at Dortmund was phenomenal.Everyone Is entitled to their opinions but I think your in the minority here

Last edited:
The money in top flight football is obscene I think most agree.Liverpool I'm relation to the likes of Manchester Utd and City Chelsea etc have spent more modestly and have been very successful. Plus his success at Dortmund was phenomenal.Everyone Is entitled to their opinions but I think your in the minority here
Agreed, his success at Dortmund was phenomenal. But when people say his name in the same breath as Sir Alex, Wenger and others that makes him overrated.

I’m not in a minority, seen plenty of similar views when this subject has been discussed on other platforms!

Agreed, his success at Dortmund was phenomenal. But when people say his name in the same breath as Sir Alex, Wenger and others that makes him overrated.

I’m not in a minority, seen plenty of similar views when this subject has been discussed on other platforms!
Even if you're in the minority, it doesn't make you wrong.

A lot of that though will be fans who hate Liverpool as they are a massive successful club like Manchester Utd that in itself causes jealousy.Its interesting you mention his success with Dortmund as to me like what Sir Alex achieved at Aberdeen maybe their greatest managerial achievements.Klopp will have the only won one premier league thrown at him if he doesn't win it this season but he has been very unfortunate getting 97 and 93 points and not winning the league.Sir Alex equally has similar thrown at him about his champions league record as you can say 2 wins in over 20 years was very average given the size of the club his resources etc.To be fair last couple of years he had a genuine great side in Barcelona to get past.I think Fergie actually said he wouldn't have wanted to compete against Pep and Klopp but personally I would have loved to seen that.In my opinion Fergies biggest strengths at Manchester United were obviously his longevity and his ability to rebuild a team

Jose Mourinho, at least the version that has been around for the last 10 years.

He should have retired after Madrid

Oh, I dunno - I think they're doing a pretty amazing job right now 👍👊👌
I think they’ll pull them out of it.

To be honest as much as I agree they are overrated, I would hate for them to be in our league with us next season. They’ll end up beating us to the title or they’ll go up via the play offs and beat us in the final. I could just see it!

They are massively overrated though. The whole PE teacher bollocks wears thin!

Darren Moore has struggled badly recently, both his former club (Huddersfield) and his current club (Port Vale) have both been relegated this season.

Back