• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jamel Campbell-Ryce

He did but his lack of end product used to frustrate me

That was partly to do with our style of play, though. Until Barnard signed we lacked strikers who were willing to attack the box and get on the end of crosses. Jamal actually produced far more crosses than people give him credit for but there was rarely anyone to get on the end of them. We rarely scored from Mark Gower crosses either for the same reason.

By all accounts JCR had a very decent season for Barnsley, though that may also be down to the fact he spent a considerable period on the left, which I believe is actually his preferred position.

Jamal has great ability but needs to cross the ball, used to frustrate me so much when he would beat his man then turn back inside to try to beat him again and end up losing it.

From the Barnsley Star:

BARNSLEY are considering a £1,000,000 offer for winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce, believed to be from fellow Championship club Reading.
Reds boss Simon Davey said they had turned down two previous bids but this latest one was under consideration.

The 25-year-old Jamaican international joined Barnsley from Southend in August 2007 for £175,000.

"When you get bids of this size, it's a big temptation," said Davey.
"Sometimes you have to deal with losing players. I hope he stays but I have to be realistic and there's a chance he may leave."

unbelievable!

Although I like him as a character, I never really rated him. He flatters to decieve - how many goals did he set up in the championship? - very few indeed.

unbelievable!

Although I like him as a character, I never really rated him. He flatters to decieve - how many goals did he set up in the championship? - very few indeed.

Scored a couple of beauties v WBA 2 years ago, but yeah never really got the ball over in time. Scared the life out of Manure & promised more than he delivered. Having said that, you'd rather him on the right side than Betsy, Francis, Grant (recent performances notwithstanding) et al...

Jcr

According to Ceefax this morning Barnsley have rejected a couple of seven figure bids for JCR. Anyone know whether we have a sell on clause?

From the Barnsley Star:

BARNSLEY are considering a £1,000,000 offer for winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce, believed to be from fellow Championship club Reading.
Reds boss Simon Davey said they had turned down two previous bids but this latest one was under consideration.

The 25-year-old Jamaican international joined Barnsley from Southend in August 2007 for £175,000.

"When you get bids of this size, it's a big temptation," said Davey.
"Sometimes you have to deal with losing players. I hope he stays but I have to be realistic and there's a chance he may leave."

£175k i thought it was more than that something along the lines of £350k

The fact that we turned down £250k initially, only to accept £175k later on makes me think that the transfer is littered with clauses... RM isn't stupid, and his love of all things Sell-On would instigate there is one.

The fact that we turned down £250k initially, only to accept £175k later on makes me think that the transfer is littered with clauses... RM isn't stupid, and his love of all things Sell-On would instigate there is one.

Hope you're right fella.

By the way, very disorienting now your pic is no longer the bloke from Fonejacker. I keep on forgetting it's you!

7 Figure bids! YOu have got to be kidding me!!!!

Didn't think Man City were that desperate!

Firstly, it would appear to be Reading who are making the bid, and Secondly, you clearly haven't been following his progress at Barnsley, which has by all reports been very impressive. Anyway, who cares so long as we get a nice slice of the pie!

Last edited:
Back