• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmmm Not very inspiring signings if they are. What do our scouts do?? Why are we regularly signing or interested in ex players?
Surely there is better out there than these two players?

Hmmm Not very inspiring signings if they are. What do our scouts do?? Why are we regularly signing or interested in ex players?
Surely there is better out there than these two players?

I think there is a very good defender in sokilokiloki im sure of that....Barnett could be useful...we do need a squad lets not forget.

If he can stay fit, I think Sokolik could do really well for Southend.

He is still young, and in retrospect made the wrong choice going to Yeovil.

I think there is a very good defender in sokilokiloki im sure of that....Barnett could be useful...we do need a squad lets not forget.

Sokolik couldn't even get a game for a struggling League Two side and Barnett was useful in about 2 games last season, so no thanks to them both. We need squad players who can compete for places, not just guys to make up the numbers

I think that is a bit harsh on Sokolik, if a team is struggling and the quality of the players of around you is of a less quality it can be difficult to showcase your ability. In addition playing against Poorer opposition can also make it difficult to show your ability as they will not do things as expected. While it should be the case that your ability should stand out, it's not always the case and I'm sure you can think of many people that have the ability to undertake a role within your place of work, but due to companies inability provide the right tools, equipment or even surrounding, can all have an impact on performance, even something as simple as poor management has a big effect.

Sokolik is such a desperate signing. Woeful. If anyone isn't worried about the coming season right now they need their heads checked. Relegation...
and if we are paying any sort of fee for Barnett well then just wow we deserve to go down

I think four centre backs of Barrett, Thompson, Gunning & Sokolik is a very good combination. Two left footers, two right footers. Definitely an upgrade on Prosser & Bolger.

What does the back page actually say?

Sokolik is such a desperate signing. Woeful. If anyone isn't worried about the coming season right now they need their heads checked. Relegation...
and if we are paying any sort of fee for Barnett well then just wow we deserve to go down

Bit of an over reaction.

Sokalik was deemed good enough for Liverpools reserves and looked good when last here.

Barnett is a decent striker and I think him and Ranger could work well together.

Trust the management team to get this right.

To say we will go down is a huge over reaction. I think we will have a decent side next season.

There it is the great positivity from an SUFC fan! I really don't understand all the negativity on here about the signing of players. I'm pretty sure not so long ago you and many others were moaning about not signing anyone, now we have still not pleased. Let's take a look at our club for a minute. We do not have loads of money, we are unlikely to be challenging for promotion, butt never say never, we can not afford to offer such high wages as some other clubs, we were only promoted 2 seasons ago, you can not expect a club of our size and resource to be signing a shed load of players from the Championship or premiership.

So yes we are going to have to take players from around the league 1 and league 2 level that have something to prove. If they didn't then we would not be in with a chance.

How about instead of moaning and complaining about the signings get on with supporting them, as funny enough a lot of the players that leave all day thatthe fans are great to a certain extent but are quick to get their backs. It's amazing how a little support and positivity impacts on performance and morale.

I think with all this doomingering yourself and others would have been good for the brexit remain campaign, as they only like to focus on the negativism and no the positives.

For christ sake people supprt your team, manager and club as a whole not selectively, as a whole!

Rant over!

According to CP there are doubts over Gunning's fitness so he may not be signed.

I've not seen anything to suggest that? CP seems to think he'll be heading to Spain.

If a trialist is heading to Spain, it suggests to me we want to sign them.

He only went over on his ankle and missed the Canvey game.

I hope Gunning is given time to prove he is fit .If the club can spend time on Nile Ranger giving him a chance because he will be an asset to the club .Surly the same can be said about Gunning . Or has he had a run in with Phil already Surly not a Bolger mk 2 . Lightning cant strike twice in the same olace can it .

Back