• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

You drone on about how you hate these lies and "U-Turns", yet your own posts are littered with falsification, inaccuracies and sometimes plain and simple nonsense..... and you make out that these statements are 100% correct and have come straight from the source. Have you not heard of the famous line, "two wrongs don't make a right"?
thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm at work but when I have the time I will reply, or drone on as you put it

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't sure of them. Again, very American, just like TV debates...

I'll give you TV debates -although all Western democracies have them these days,including France,where I spent Easter.

As for fixed term Parliaments,they have the advantage,IMO,of putting a stop to cut and run elections-like Mrs May's.:winking:

Sounds like you've just solved all the problems in the world with your "cool story" there, bro. keep people healthy and the buses running and all our problems will go away. Simple as that, hey?

The "reality" is that no matter how much is plunged into the NHS, it will never be enough. There are too many people getting older than before, too many people sitting in A+E with non-urgent issues, too many patients unnecessarily staying in hospital beds. There is also the general issue of rising costs of medicines.

You fittingly mispelt "intelligent"
gonna dip in rather than drone on if that's ok with you - time constraints.

fittingly the misspell vibe is something we are both embracing

healthy people and buses that run on is indeed something we should aspire to and I'm surprised you would critique that.

The NHS issues are not just about level of funding they are about how that funding is used and the structures used in the system.

Whatever you choose to believe about the level of funding, what is a fact is that waiting times in A&E have reached record highs, Jeremy Hunt's imposition of a contract on NHS staff without their agreement led to the first ever strikes by Junior Doctors, there is a massive increase in funds going from the NHS budget to private companies, the removal of nurses bursaries is lining up massive staffing issues, GP surgeries are closing as retiring staff are unable to be replaced, the slashing of social care funding means that hospital beds are taken up by people who should be elsewhere

Theresa May stands by the government's record on the NHS and stands by Jeremy Hunt - so we can expect more of the same

So in my opinion it would be a 'nice story bro' if these issues are rectified, but as May feels their record with the NHS is one that she is pleased with then under another Tory government we can assume these issues will not be rectified.

I think they do....which is why we are having this election.

Well

Theresa May has said the UK "cannot possibly" remain within the European single market, as staying in it would mean "not leaving the EU at all".

suggests that they don't, although TM said she wouldn't have an election either so who knows??

If Theresa May wins

Watch the Pound fly back to pre-Brexit prices

WE ALL MUST VOTE for Theresa May for a stronger Britain :thumbsup:

She's is the Best Man for the Job :-)
United Kingdom and Our Union needs to be STRONG and not to be broken up by the Nationalists :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If Theresa May wins

United Kingdom and Our Union needs to be STRONG and not to be broken up by the Nationalists :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not while there is breath in my body will I ever vote Tory.

If Theresa May wins

but isn't the weak pound the main plus point of our economy at the moment?

but isn't the weak pound the main plus point of our economy at the moment?

Are we going to keep going around the same circles again and again on the economy? Snipe as you might about the current economic situation, it has been inherited from Labour and IS improving, regardless of what the Huffington Post are trying to push.

Are we going to keep going around the same circles again and again on the economy? Snipe as you might about the current economic situation, it has been inherited from Labour and IS improving, regardless of what the Huffington Post are trying to push.

:nope:That tired old line might have worked back in 2010 but we've now had 7 years of Tory misrule.

The interesting thing is that number of people that didn't vote in the last general election. Apparently more people didn't vote than voted for any one party.

Also interesting is that the increase represents the same percentage as the loss from UKIP

:nope:That tired old line might have worked back in 2010 but we've now had 7 years of Tory misrule.

Are you suggesting that 153 billion level of borrowing could have been sorted any sooner?

We are now down to 49 Billion as of January 2017. That is down almost 66% from when the Tories took over.

I replied to a particular point. Maybe apply to be a Mod if you want to stop me replying to a legitimate point that was made.

Back