• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

I don't recall you ever being outspoken about racism before - does any other racism offend you or only if it comes from Abbot?

There's only room for one on that self righteous pedestal of yours. Time for you to stop pointing the finger at others and take a look in the mirror now and again.

Sorry, I'd assumed people would recognise that the summary I posted wasn't actually mine. It's been widely shared on social media, but stacks up. May's voting record on LGBT issues, as reported by the International Business Times, is widely documented and her specific voting history on the repeal of section 28 is here.

As far as singling May out goes, she's the prime minister. She absolutely should be held to a higher regard/scrutiny than other MPs. And she's the one rival party leaders will be held against, as mrsblue attempted to do with Farron

I thought Farron was the leader of the Liberals....not very liberal then is he.

The point is, that you seem ok to attack racism in other parties...whilst wilfully ignoring it in your own.
not in the slightest, read back and you will see that I have not started any of the discussions on racism - in this case I have merely asked why this poster only attacks one person for racism - I've asked 3 times

not in the slightest, read back and you will see that I have not started any of the discussions on racism - in this case I have merely asked why this poster only attacks one person for racism - I've asked 3 times

I suspect it's because you haven't condemned Abbot for her racism that you haven't had an answer....and appear to be under the illusion that the Anti semitism problem within Labour no longer exists.

However you are quick to point out Racism in other parties....surely all racism is worthy of condemnation regardless of Party?

As far as singling May out goes, she's the prime minister. She absolutely should be held to a higher regard/scrutiny than other MPs. And she's the one rival party leaders will be held against, as mrsblue attempted to do with Farron

She was not PM during any of those absent votes referred to by either of us, she was herself just another MP.

It doesn't "stack up" at all because it is largely false or reports her being "absent" yet does not explain why she was absent? Nor is she obliged to attend those sessions. It also fails to outline the times when she voted in favour of gay rights acts, which is the more common pattern for her voting habits in recent years.

If you check out the reliable sources, you will find that she is generally "mixed" in her voting approach to gay rights bills.

you have posted the same thing 3 times in the last few minutes, can we not improve the quality of discussion now there is a GE in sight?

Time to take some of your own advice.

How about posting something about Labour and what they will do for Brexit.....Seeing as that will be what the GE will be decided on. Not what Ken, Boris, Teresa or Dianne have said in the past. So lets see if we can not mention them for while :thumbsup:

Time to take some of your own advice.

How about posting something about Labour and what they will do for Brexit.....Seeing as that will be what the GE will be decided on. Not what Ken, Boris, Teresa or Dianne have said in the past. So lets see if we can not mention them for while :thumbsup:
why will you not answer the question? we now have other people trying to second guess your reasoning as you won't answer. Does any other racism offend you or only if it comes from Abbot?

Any chance of trying not to ruin this thread with the usual bickering and nonsense that ruin most political threads on SZ. Maybe too much to ask, but let's give it a go eh?

Ten pages in and I think it's going pretty well.

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

The Greens have written letters to the Labour/Lib Dems to form an alliance. Very much doubt it'll happen, especially with just 6 weeks to go.

Cable has said it won't happen between Lib Dems and Labour on the Today programme.....

Agreed, but I think JC is the sticking point. He's too left wing for the Lib Dems.

Personally I think Labour will be wiped out this election and out of the ashes maybe we'll get a centre-left party helmed by none of the current lot for 2022. Sadly a lot of damage will be done to the poor and to our relations with Europe by then.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-dems-to-form-electoral-pact-to-defeat-tories

What politicians say before an election very often has little to do with what they do afterwards, once the numbers stack up .

After all, it was the PM who declared for months that she wouldn't hold a snap election before changing her mind in yet another U-turn/broken promise.

If Labour could form a government with Lib/Dem, SNP and Green support on June 9th, then they'd be foolish not to,IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-dems-to-form-electoral-pact-to-defeat-tories

What politicians say before an election very often has little to do with what they do afterwards, once the numbers stack up .

After all, it was the PM who declared for months that she wouldn't hold a snap election before changing her mind in yet another U-turn/broken promise.

If Labour could form a government with Lib/Dem, SNP and Green support on June 9th, then they'd be foolish not to,IMO.

In fairness to her, as far as she's concerned it probably isn't a snap election. She probably knew about it weeks, if not months, ago.

very true, if the LibDems in 2010 had gone into the election saying they were looking to form a coalition they would have got as many votes as they did in 2015. If no party has a majority, that's when you start looking at cutting deals.

very true, if the LibDems in 2010 had gone into the election saying they were looking to form a coalition they would have got as many votes as they did in 2015. If no party has a majority, that's when you start looking at cutting deals.

The SNP moose is spouting on about a coalition with Labour and the Lib Dems, which cost both parties last time round. I would suggest Corbyn nips this one in the bud a bit lively as Milliband should have. Coalition with the one party that would see the union dismantiled is political suicide.

The SNP moose is spouting on about a coalition with Labour and the Lib Dems, which cost both parties last time round. I would suggest Corbyn nips this one in the bud a bit lively as Milliband should have. Coalition with the one party that would see the union dismantiled is political suicide.

Its the barely disguised smirk on her face as she relishes the thought of making the English dance to her tune that really gets to people. Your right it cost Labour more than they admit last time.

Time for the TV to give her the independence that she wants and only have the SNP on BBC Scotland.

Its the barely disguised smirk on her face as she relishes the thought of making the English dance to her tune that really gets to people. Your right it cost Labour more than they admit last time.

Time for the TV to give her the independence that she wants and only have the SNP on BBC Scotland.

Personally I wouldn't even give her that much air space. Democracy, what can you do?

BBC are reporting that Labour have said there will be no deal with SNP. Bullet dodged there.

Back