• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

I tell what is certainly not fake news Jeremy Corbyn was arrested outside the Old Bailey in 1986. What for?.. I hear you ask....Well he was demonstrating in a show of support for IRA terrorists, including Patrick Magee who was later convicted of the Brighton bombing.

Yo see back then in the 80's when the IRA thought they could bomb and murder their way to victory JC, just like McGuiness and Adams, was certainly not a man of piece. No he fully supported the IRA even when they murdered children. Now when you watch those funerals next week of the poor victims of last nights horror I hope you all remember that.

It is an absolute lie that he only contacted the IRA to negotiate piece as the likes of *** claim. The IRA and Corbyn only started to talk piece when they were losing their war due to the skill of the security services and the SAS shooting them like rats........Something for us all to remember when we hear all the usual nonsense on how to deal with terrorists over the next week.

More facts about JC and the IRA to follow daily in the run up to the GE.:thumbsup:

That wasn't the point. Most people will maintain the status quo when there is no difference. To win you have to come over as better than the opposition. Corduroy isn't doing that.
What he asked was for reasons to vote FOR the Tories rather than against any other party.

It's very difficult to find a reason to vote for them. Your response I assume is to vote tactically, which I have no issue with, I used it myself up until the coalition. But that doesn't give him the information he was looking for, maybe that information doesn't exist.

In the meantime, we now find out that Christine Shawcroft, a member of the Labour NEC (and a member of Momentum who really run the labour party) has decided the way to deal with IS terrorists is for our armed forces to sit down and have tea with them.
I haven't brought up Maria Gatland before - the former member of the IRA who is a Tory councillor, because we have enough to focus on with the main players in the two parties. Likewise I wouldn't expect anyone to focus on Christine Shawcroft as you would have to explain who she was first before anyone would want to hear any gos on her.

Mrs May wanted an election based on who would best negotiate a Brexit deal so people will probably want to focus on the skills of May vs Corbyn and Johnson vs Starmer more than if a lesser known Labour politician advocates negotiating with ISIS or a lesser known Tory politician was a member of the IRA.

I tell what is certainly not fake news Jeremy Corbyn was arrested outside the Old Bailey in 1986. What for?.. I hear you ask....Well he was demonstrating in a show of support for IRA terrorists, including Patrick Magee who was later convicted of the Brighton bombing.

Yo see back then in the 80's when the IRA thought they could bomb and murder their way to victory JC, just like McGuiness and Adams, was certainly not a man of piece. No he fully supported the IRA even when they murdered children. Now when you watch those funerals next week of the poor victims of last nights horror I hope you all remember that.

It is an absolute lie that he only contacted the IRA to negotiate piece as the likes of *** claim. The IRA and Corbyn only started to talk piece when they were losing their war due to the skill of the security services and the SAS shooting them like rats........Something for us all to remember when we hear all the usual nonsense on how to deal with terrorists over the next week.

More facts about JC and the IRA to follow daily in the run up to the GE.:thumbsup:

Peace man, Peace :smile:

Now when you watch those funerals next week of the poor victims of last nights horror I hope you all remember that.

Could you not have refrained from politicising last night's attack for at least 24 hours?

More facts about JC and the IRA to follow daily in the run up to the GE.
:thumbsup:

Why do you need a link? Is it because you can't believe something so preposterous?

It's from the Telegraph.

Dirty tricks time from (some) Tory supporters.Clearly that weekend fall to a single digit lead in the polls is having an effect.

Dirty tricks time from (some) Tory supporters.Clearly that weekend fall to a single digit lead in the polls is having an effect.

As far as I'm aware she only said it recently. It's not as if they're keeping these things back. There's no need, there's an entire back catalog of these imbeciles making ridiculous comments.

My post was deleted because it quoted Benfleet A1's, which was an absolute ****show of a post.

Just seen that my ****show of a post was deleted. A pity more ****shows aren't acted upon a bit sharpish. But hey ho, showing pity for terrorists is obviously more exceptable than I thought.

Just for balance. Former Labour campaign chief mocks up BBC news story regarding Theresa May and Ian Brady...Despicable
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-news-moors-murderer-ian-brady-a7747246.html
its not like he was slandering them, he was sent a tweet that looked real and retweeted it, I thought it was real when I first saw it. Unfortunately twitter is full of news that looks true and isn't. Your post seems to imply he was the creator of the fake news - he merely passed it on believing it to be true.

As far as I'm aware she only said it recently. It's not as if they're keeping these things back. There's no need, there's an entire back catalog of these imbeciles making ridiculous comments.

The person you spoke about has been suspended from the Labour party.You must be desperate if you're dragging these things into what's supposed to be a debate on the UK G/E in June 2017.

its not like he was slandering them, he was sent a tweet that looked real and retweeted it, I thought it was real when I first saw it. Unfortunately twitter is full of news that looks true and isn't. Your post seems to imply he was the creator of the fake news - he merely passed it on believing it to be true.

You thought it was true!!? Would you have thought it true if it had been the shadow home secretary suggesting something simular.

Blind faith in everything Labour isn't healthy.

You thought it was true!!? Would you have thought it true if it had been the shadow home secretary suggesting something simular.

Blind faith in everything Labour isn't healthy.
On twitter you get streams and streams of information that you flick through and barely register. It was a report saying May had considered Brady for early release. IIRC the 'report' was put up after he had died so I had little interest in if something had been considered or not, as it hadn't happened. If he was on his deathbed it seemed vaguely plausible that he could have been released for a few days - at least when you are flicking past 'news' and on to the next thing.

I've unknowingly reacted to or passed on fake information on twitter. Nothing to do with blind faith and all to do with wanting to get through all of he news that is available. The thirst for new news is definitely unhealthy and is one of my vices.

On twitter you get streams and streams of information that you flick through and barely register. It was a report saying May had considered Brady for early release. IIRC the 'report' was put up after he had died so I had little interest in if something had been considered or not, as it hadn't happened. If he was on his deathbed it seemed vaguely plausible that he could have been released for a few days - at least when you are flicking past 'news' and on to the next thing.

I've unknowingly reacted to or passed on fake information on twitter. Nothing to do with blind faith and all to do with wanting to get through all of he news that is available. The thirst for new news is definitely unhealthy and is one of my vices.

‘The Labour candidate, who has been MP for Hemsworth, West Yorkshire, since 1996, said the fabricated story was "truly astonishing" in a retweet to his 15,000 followers.
Twitter users say Mr Trickett quickly acknowledged the article was fake and deleted the tweet.’

The fact this has become a story kind of highlights the point that anything is considered news and worth reporting on. He didn’t swear of call anyone a bad name, he said it was "truly astonishing", and on realising it was fake he deleted it. That is a non-story surely?

‘The Labour candidate, who has been MP for Hemsworth, West Yorkshire, since 1996, said the fabricated story was "truly astonishing" in a retweet to his 15,000 followers.
Twitter users say Mr Trickett quickly acknowledged the article was fake and deleted the tweet.’

The fact this has become a story kind of highlights the point that anything is considered news and worth reporting on. He didn’t swear of call anyone a bad name, he said it was "truly astonishing", and on realising it was fake he deleted it. That is a non-story surely?

Yep, it is. You do know Donald Trump uses twitter right?

Back