• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree with the view of putting our strongest side out.

Let's get to 50 points first and then go from there!

Anyone remember beating Blackburn and then what happened against Newport? ... big test for Powell this..

Completely different.

We changed the side around and the heart wasn't overly in the match. I'd have picked the Rotherham game as your comparison there 'magnum'.

Swap Ferdinand out for Kyprianou and Fortune out for Ladapo. Should be fine then.

I wonder how MAF's back is, after being charged from 6yds in what concluded an assault rather than a challenge on Saturday ? I'd like to see pace out there on Tues night, start with Freddie and Harrison up top, give Cox and MAF a rest and go for their throats, get behind Bury early.

I'm hearing that it's snowing a fair bit in Bury at the moment.

It will be fine i think on Tuesday night, Sleet in the morning, then raining in the early afternoon, and a tropical 1C in the stands for an evening kick off. Don't forget your thermals if your going!..and if so, we need to see you rate them on the match report thread.

Why? Ferdinand was terrific on Saturday.

I think it will depend on whether he is fit enough to play. He looked uncomfortable moving too fast after 30 minutes on Saturday. I hope he is fit enough as like you say even when he wasn’t moving all too well he still had a very very good game!

It will be fine i think on Tuesday night, Sleet in the morning, then raining in the early afternoon, and a tropical 1C in the stands for an evening kick off. Don't forget your thermals if your going!..and if so, we need to see you rate them on the match report thread.

According to my Bury weather correspondents, they had 2/3 inches of the white stuff last night. Thermals not required by the way, not going.

According to BBC stats , Bury had 26 shots away at Bradford on Saturday with 8 on target.
Pretty impressive, as is their form for a side that’s bottom.
Tough game tomorrow , but one we can overcome.

Looking at that Bury team on paper and it is nothing short of criminal where they are in the table. If Lowe has got them playing as a team this will be very tough.

Looking at that Bury team on paper and it is nothing short of criminal where they are in the table. If Lowe has got them playing as a team this will be very tough.

It wouldn't surprise me if other FL1 clubs fans were saying exactly the same about us 12 games ago.

According to my Bury weather correspondents, they had 2/3 inches of the white stuff last night. Thermals not required by the way, not going.
Yes it's been pretty cold over the past couple of days with a good sprinkling of snow. Hopefully it'll all melt away over the next 24 hours because it looks like it's going to be another cold evening tomorrow.

Will definitely be wearing my thermals.
k2JkNd3.png

Road closures in the Bury/Rochdale area today which has prevented one of my employees getting to work... A postponement wouldn't be such.a bad thing. A lot freshens for a really tough game on Saturday...UTB:happy

Last edited:
Road clusters in the Bury/Rochdale area today which has prevented one of my employees getting to work... A postponement wouldn't be such.a bad thing. A lot freshens for a really tough game on Saturday...UTB:happy

Serious question as I will be going up tomorrow. What is a ‘road cluster’?

Massive banana skin, this one. Since Lucketti went, they've dramatically improved. It might be too late for what would be quite the Great Escape, but they're playing with a bit of structure now. I saw them when they lost 0-3 at Plymouth and they were fine for 15 minutes, conceded a desperately silly goal at a set piece and promptly went to pieces. They won't go to pieces now.

That said, I thought Wigan would beat us, I thought Scunthorpe would beat us and I wasn't massively confident about Peterborough, so it's entirely possible that I'm talking out of my bum.

Are u serious! Home team have the edge? Bury bottom of the league and we have just beaten the league leaders 3-1!! I wish some of the comments on here were more positive !! Were full of cinfidence ! 3 out of 3 against top 6 sides now for bury who are bottom! How can u say bury have the edge??

Back