• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm a bit worried the age of the squad will cause problems for us, are the older members of our squad going to be able to put in 100% twice in a week?

Tomorrow will be Bury's 4th game in 11 days, their third at home in 10 days. That means they'll also be knackered and their pitch will be difficult to play on.

Their new manager has got them playing pretty well - I know as I went to see them last week against Wimbledon. The pitch was very much cut up but even so Bury were by far the better team, they also bullied, battled, and harassed Wimbledon out of it, although looking at the stats afterwards possession was about the same for both teams, Wimbledon guilty of more fouls. Both surprised me as I felt it was all pretty much one way. Even Wimbledon's goal was an own goal.

George Miller, on loan from Middlesboro, and Zeli Ismail impressed. Miller scored from the rebound on a fluffed penalty. When they attacked it was always in numbers. I took to counting the Bury players in the Wimbledon box a few times - always 4 or 5. I Tactics seemed to be - get it in the box and see what happens. Where they did come unstuck was on the counter - caught short a few times. They were poor in that respect and easy to see where they will leak goals against any half decent team, despite their recent run of form. Adam Thompson and Peter Clarke in defence though. Some (almost amusing) scuffles and tackles between Thompson and Joe Piggott. Both were booked for silly fouls.

Cold night, glad when the final whistle went, Gigg Lane is a grim place in winter. Also no zest in being a neutral, even to see 3 ex-shrimpers and how they're doing.

Bury will be desperate for a result. Anything to take them off the bottom, even more so above neighbours Rochdale. Southend will need to be focused.

My last game was at RH against Charlton. Looking forward to giving Chris Powell a belated cheer for coming home. I haven't seen Dru Yearwood play yet either so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Tempted to mask my IP and pay the £5 to watch on iFollow... what’s the coverage like? I haven’t used it yet

Any weather up dates from you Northern Shrimpers would be welcome by the people setting off from Essex today.

As above .... especially after making much of the journey to Rochdale earlier this year. :thumbsup:

It's pretty mild today (was 5 degrees driving in to Manchester at 7:30 this morning), and currently a little bit of rain but mainly dry across the region. It will be cold this evening though so wrap up warm, put supplies in your car and keep an eye on local news/twitter in case things change r.e. the game.

Anyway, where's old 'pancake' when you need him?

Especially today, of all days, in every sense!

Anyway, where's old 'pancake' when you need him?

Especially today, of all days, in every sense!

Pancake hasn't been on the Zone since June last year and not on the Bury site since 2016. I was hoping for a chat this time round.

Certainly brighter now in Manchester City Centre. It was coming down pretty heavy for a few hours until a short while ago. Will be cold tonight as just nipped out for a sandwich and it is freezing! Pre-match curry should warm me up nicely!

Any weather up dates from you Northern Shrimpers would be welcome by the people setting off from Essex today.

I'm the other side of the Penines in Sheffield its cold and wet, we had snow on Sunday but its all gone - wrap up warm you'll need it. I was tempted to go myself but I think I will sort out watching on iFollow instead. The snake pass which is how you normally go from Sheffield to Manchester is often shut this time of year particularly at night - its no place to be stranded in the snow / ice!

Back