• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are u serious! Home team have the edge? Bury bottom of the league and we have just beaten the league leaders 3-1!! I wish some of the comments on here were more positive !! Were full of cinfidence ! 3 out of 3 against top 6 sides now for bury who are bottom! How can u say bury have the edge??

I guess as most think we should of been turned over by Wigan as league leaders on Saturday...The stats would of said the same before the game.. Sometimes life has a knack of smacking you in the arse when you least expect it...

It is going to be tough for us tomorrow , no easy game, but have faith whatever the result is.

Are u serious ? That was at the start of the season when brown the clown played a poor side and we didnt have the magic man chris powell as manager! Look alot has changed since then ! Its a completely different outlook with confident players and performances and results!! U seriously cant compare that team to now!!

Are u serious ? That was at the start of the season when brown the clown played a poor side and we didnt have the magic man chris powell as manager! Look alot has changed since then ! Its a completely different outlook with confident players and performances and results!! U seriously cant compare that team to now!!

I don't, we have a serious team now under SCP, but I also won't run away with my head and say we are suddenly world beaters.

My heart would say very different.

It's simple. Put on the same level of application and effort and we will more than likely win. Just show up and we will undoubtedly lose.

So as tough as wigan?look what happened there

Maybe Wigan turned up thinking we are a push over being top....They got that wrong, but a team fighting for survival in this league on the back of a few wins are a different kettle of fish. We cannot afford to take them lightly and need the same commitment the guys have show in the last three games. Then who knows.

Are u serious ? U seriously cant compare that team to now!!

Which is exactly what you did when evaluating Bury. No one has suggested we can't beat them, just their recent form suggests it will be a lot tougher than their league position would.

Bury are unbeaten in 4 since they got a new manager. We are unbeaten in 3 since ours. Their team has renewed confidence and so does ours. So where do you see the big differences between the 2 teams?

This is going to be a really tough game!! We had nothing to lose on Saturday as the odds were well against us but this game we should arguably win considering their at the bottom but Bury have really picked up of late.

We need to be mentally up for this game and get our game plan sorted. We've played three very attacking teams recently so this could be potentially a different kettle of fish.

Fingers crossed for a positive result and if we play like we have done recently then we'll have a very decent chance. I just think we need to get the mental side of the game right.

It will be fine i think on Tuesday night, Sleet in the morning, then raining in the early afternoon, and a tropical 1C in the stands for an evening kick off. Don't forget your thermals if your going!.....and if so, we need to see you rate them on the match report thread.

That's put me right off. And you can stand up at Bury so perhaps it is better to have some thermal inners in the old shoes instead?

There’s no easy games now as whether it’s promotion or survival, everyone is fighting for something. But if we can go out and play with the same intensity as the last 3 games where we really have flown out of the gate, we’ll be bringing home another 3 points. But we can’t get complacent and think we just have to turn up and win, which I think Wigan may have been guilty of.

Are u serious! Home team have the edge? Bury bottom of the league and we have just beaten the league leaders 3-1!! I wish some of the comments on here were more positive !! Were full of cinfidence ! 3 out of 3 against top 6 sides now for bury who are bottom! How can u say bury have the edge??

It's easy to share your optimism, but as we all know in football, there is no science to it.

Football is a chaotic mess and anything can pretty much happen.

It's the long standing remit of any football supporter to be either pessimistic or, at best, quietly optimistic. To be anything else just sets you up for a fall.

Road closures in the Bury/Rochdale area today which has prevented one of my employees getting to work... A postponement wouldn't be such.a bad thing. A lot freshens for a really tough game on Saturday...UTB:happy

That’s a fair old commute from Bury to Prague every day!

I'm a bit worried the age of the squad will cause problems for us, are the older members of our squad going to be able to put in 100% twice in a week?

Really looking forward to this one, been a while since a match in this neck of the woods, especially after Rochdale was called off. Interested to see the effects of the Chris Powell revolution at first hand, and how he’s turned largely the same group of players into a group who’ll die in a ditch for each other (and more importantly put the ball in the onion bag). I’d take a repeat of last year where we cantered to a 4-1 win and McLaughlin scored a worldy - but I think it’ll be much harder. They’re buzzing after scoring a 95-minute equaliser away at Bradford on Saturday so neither team should be short on confidence. Could make for a very entertaining game!

I remember a cracking game at their gaff a couple of years ago when Wozza game on, changed the game by getting behind their defence and scored a cracker of a free kick.

I remember a cracking game at their gaff a couple of years ago when Wozza game on, changed the game by getting behind their defence and scored a cracker of a free kick.

That'll be this one, of course :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9UknuzxWhM

Also captured at around 8:00 mins on the superb 'Behind The Scenes' videos Bury did that season :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl-j_4Yv1ZQ

This one from the abandoned match a few weeks before :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2ucHia260

Last edited:
Back