• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United v Chester, 08 January 1977 - my first ever game watching the blues. !!!!

Wasnt you ranting on about how great cups were the other day ? :smile:

Well there you go, a dull load of crap no one will care about.:hilarious:

The cup is great. That doesn't mean that all ties are great. It just makes getting through to the next round all the more important.

Southend United v Chester, 08 January 1977 - my first ever game watching the blues. !!!!

Southend United v Chester, 7th December 1979 - my first ever game watching the blues....Still have the programme :smile:
Won 4-1 (Derrick Parker x 3, Phil Hadley). A young lad called Ian Rush scored for Chester.

Probably still keep the ball by the corner flag in the first half.

Good draw but will be a low gate unless the club pulls out the stops with the prices

Even with reduced prices there will be a low crowd and one of the stands will probably be shut. Unfortunately there is nowhere near as much interest in the FA Cup now as there was in bygone days.

Chester City - always reminds me of Pyscho Bennett (great game against Spurs).

And Ian Rush - as a player and a manager ( for a short while).

Hope to get a win (even via a replay) and see who we get next - quite exciting really. You can only beat the team infront of you and we only have to do if 7 times to win the competition.:thumbsup:

Blimey what's up with you lot!?? This is a great draw. We are at home and we have a great chance of going through against a lower league team... I don't think you can ask for more at this stage, surely getting to the third round has to be the priority..

Blimey what's up with you lot!?? This is a great draw. We are at home and we have a great chance of going through against a lower league team... I don't think you can ask for more at this stage, surely getting to the third round has to be the priority..
This has got Banana skin written all over it.........

Here, Here Sir, this site gets more negative by the day. We often seem to view everything glass half empty lately. Probably a few wins will cure that (until the next bad run anyway!) Bring on the mighty Chester I say. COYBB

Back