• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't see the maths of reduced prices, sadly.
5,000 at an average £15, (seniors/kids/concessions factored) is £75,000. 7,000, assuming you attract 2k more, at an average £10 is £70,000.
Also, the gate is split 50-50, and the other side have to agree to pricing, I believe. The home advantage means all the other revenue streams on the day go to us (or Ron).
Chester will have to do, but with six other Essex sides in the hat, how did we miss them all?

Even with reduced prices there will be a low crowd and one of the stands will probably be shut. Unfortunately there is nowhere near as much interest in the FA Cup now as there was in bygone days.
i think we are looking at no more than 4,600 even with cheap tickets:'(

I just watch the Highlights from the FA Cup from Saturday away at stockport county , looks like they had over 1500 fans their and was a cracking game ( its on the Chesters Offical site )

IMHO This is good draw non league and at home ...

I agree I reckon we see 500 chester fans ... seaside weekend away etc

If Ron drops the price we see 5000 to 6000

Any news on ticket prices? Can't imagine they can wait much longer to put it up considering that game is a week and a bit away

Can't see the maths of reduced prices, sadly.
5,000 at an average £15, (seniors/kids/concessions factored) is £75,000. 7,000, assuming you attract 2k more, at an average £10 is £70,000.
Also, the gate is split 50-50, and the other side have to agree to pricing, I believe. The home advantage means all the other revenue streams on the day go to us (or Ron).
Chester will have to do, but with six other Essex sides in the hat, how did we miss them all?

I always thought that it was a 40 - 40 Split on the Gate Receipts with the FA taking 20%

I'm not sure there will be too much of a discount, when you consider a seat the Deva Stadium is £18 for an adult and standing is £12, so both clubs will likely want to keep it as close to their existing pricing structure as possible.

My gut feel is that it will be £15 Adults, £10 Concessions and £5 for kids.

Shuddered a tad when their name was pulled out, still scarred by that 0-4 reverse at the Hall back in the day (IIRC a young Ian Rush was in their side)....
No he wasn't- much too young-it was Jan. 1977.Ian Edwards(former Baggie) scored a second half hattrick.

I see concord are doing free coach trips to Mansfield for there tie, can't be bad eh:thumbsup:

It's a home draw, that all I can ask of. Still remember Harris hoofed the ball up into the air then Dudfield control the ball with a fantastic first touch then second touch it's into the net with few minutes to go!! Back in Xmas 2004!
My son was mascot that day... Scored his penalty in front of the south stand.... He was so pleased.....

Shuddered a tad when their name was pulled out, still scarred by that 0-4 reverse at the Hall back in the day (IIRC a young Ian Rush was in their side)....
I am sure that Ian Rush did not play that day , the star man that day was a blonde headed guy named Ian Edwards who scored a hatrick for Chester , I think that Michael Owens dad Terryplayed for Chester that day , the truth was that Southend could just not stop Edwards who went on to play for Wales .

I am sure that Ian Rush did not play that day , the star man that day was a blonde headed guy named Ian Edwards who scored a hatrick for Chester , I think that Michael Owens dad Terryplayed for Chester that day , the truth was that Southend could just not stop Edwards who went on to play for Wales .

Thanks for correcting me gents, it seems that Rushie may have appeared at the Hall a couple of years later. Anyroad it was an orrible day regardless - never set foot in the 'paddock' again after that one. Incidentally I recently read an interesting article in the last WSC, featuring recent Chester v Wrexham games and how/why they are classified as Category A games by Plod.

I always thought that it was a 40 - 40 Split on the Gate Receipts with the FA taking 20%

I'm not sure there will be too much of a discount, when you consider a seat the Deva Stadium is £18 for an adult and standing is £12, so both clubs will likely want to keep it as close to their existing pricing structure as possible.

My gut feel is that it will be £15 Adults, £10 Concessions and £5 for kids.

Cue my opportunity to rant. That 20% goes to the F.A. and some of that trickles to F.I.F.A. if I am not mistaken - so attending the game is supporting those corrupt, self-serving officials. :sad:

Back