• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clacton Decides

What makes you think that?
They are the Conservative and Unionist party - Cameron was bricking it when there was a possibility of a Yes vote - he would have been finished. Con-SNP is about as likely as Con-Lab.

I'm trying to set up your Labour v BNP thread but I'm on my phone and it doesn't like it too much.

Can I ask where that came from? Earlier in this thread Ladbrokes put Ukip to win 3 - I know they are not a politically minded organisation but their whole existence depends on then getting predictions right. Because of first past the post and boundaries 25% would usually not give you anywhere near 128 seats so I wonder if that poll has oversimplified things?

Quite. I'm not at the firm any more, but know the politics odds compiler pretty well. Of course, he'll make the odd wrong call, but pricing up all these markets is his job - he handed over other responsibilities a while ago as political betting has become such a big thing - and he's pretty good at it too.

speaking to someone the other day, she said that surprisingly some of the most ardent anti immigrationists in her office are black and asian. It's a comploicated old world Barna, it really is.

Yeah, there was a Greek Cypriot, (came over to the UK in 56-with his parents presumably), interviewed on Panorama yesterday,who was clearly (and rather suprisingly I thought) a UKIP supporter.

Yeah, there was a Greek Cypriot, (came over to the UK in 56-with his parents presumably), interviewed on Panorama yesterday,who was clearly (and rather suprisingly I thought) a UKIP supporter.

I'm not sure why you can't get it....the indigenous population have concerns about immigration / Europe etc.

You even posted a Guardian link only yesterday to bear this out!

I'm not sure why you can't get it....the indigenous population have concerns about immigration / Europe etc.

You even posted a Guardian link only yesterday to bear this out!

What I get is, that as someone who has benefited personally from the free movemement of labour in the EU,I'm all in favour of it continuing.

I can still remember the bad old days in Spain, (before EU entry), when you had to get a new contract for each year of employment,get it approved at the Spanish Embassay in London and here again in Barcelona (by the Spanish Government and Police) and still had to leave the country every three months in order to get a mandatory stamp on your passport.

Thankfully those days, when a visa/work permit was valid for only one year, have long gone.

Back