• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Confirmation of Coughlan and Evans!

Is it just me or did I think that it would just be a couple of days before Paul Sturrock & assistant would be able to sign REAL contracts at SUFC and according to Ron the transfer embargo was supposed to be lifted by now?

We still have no official manager and only about 4 players able to play a competitive match for us at the moment.

Once again Ron puts his spin on things( he really is hopeless with dates and timings), I still don't trust him and until the ink is dry on all these new contracts will not believe a word he says.

I hope I am wrong but past experiences of Ron lead me to the conclusion he is "leading us up the garden path" again.

Anyone know anything or have an alternative view that will lead me to believe otherwise?

Fair point, but HMRC moved the goal posts. There was no way that Ron or anyone else could have known this was going to happen . You can find further info on other threads.

What would you think if Ron had rang up a certain ex player that has still not been paid and asked him to say that he had been paid in order for the Embargo to be lifted ??? You couldn;t make that up IF true ?? Also you could also have a guess to whjat teh answer back was from the alledged certain ex player !

What would you think if Ron had rang up a certain ex player that has still not been paid and asked him to say that he had been paid in order for the Embargo to be lifted ??? You couldn;t make that up IF true ?? Also you could also have a guess to whjat teh answer back was from the alledged certain ex player !

Wouldn't be surprised.

We have a smaller budget but have released 4 players on £2000+ a week and replaced them with far more affordable players.

Its personal choice but Id never rely on one keeper, all it takes is a twisted finger in training or a red card and you have an 18 year old in goal, and I dont want to rely on someone with nil experience in league games.

Emergency keepers are all well and good but Id rather have someone who already knows the defence etc.

Its not like we will have to sacrifice an outfield player by the amount and type we are getting in.

Exactly mate, albeit my discussion skills aint that great mr norwich shrimper but i reckon i could be right on this one its obviously better to have the two of em both good professional keepers (debatable that lol) an im more than sure we will still have enough players come the season (embargo pending) an sturrock is no wally im sure he knows waht he is doin ?

Fair point, but HMRC moved the goal posts. There was no way that Ron or anyone else could have known this was going to happen . You can find further info on other threads.

Don't blame HMRC! Its Rons fault we are in this mess.

Back