• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be fair, last season back at the Ricoh, their attendences were a lot better than a Sixfields (understandably).

Highest home attendance27,306 vs Gillingham – Football League One – 5 September 2014

Average home league attendance9,332[SUP][1][/SUP]

Took that straight from Ground Guide. I know Sixfields was a protest stay away but as one of the 'big club, most go to' grounds I was surprised at average attendances back at the Rioch are under 10,000

Saw Southend play Coventry at Ricoh few years ago, parking is awful and stadium like a blue goldfish bowl. Apart from that its ok :-)

For those planning their Bank Holiday weekend, there is still major doubt whether this game will go ahead on Saturday 29th.

This was my first ever away game when we were in the Championship and my abiding memory was putting 'Coventry City Football Club' into the Sat Nav only to be taken to an industrial estate on the site of their old ground!

I doubt they would change it now wouldn't they have already done it if that was the case

I'm all ears. I am literally hovering over the train booking page for that day. I'd be interested in saving £50.

I guess that the rearranged date will depend upon our and Coventry's participation (or not) in the 2nd round of the League Cup (knocked out?) and the first round of the JPT (bye?)

I think Coventry have played at home (Ricoh not Sixfields) last season when this event was also held.

The game will NOT be called off. The festival will be held outside or in the Exhibition hall not causing any problems for the game.

Needs some kind of confirmation on this, biggest shame is Ricoh arena station ain't open till September

Yeah, something would have been said by now.

06e4bf99fe249f78cf1a8e118f6591b6_zpsk6onjdn8.jpg

I was going to fly there, but my wife and kids want to come with. I won't fly with the kids, they fidget too much in a car, let alone in an aeroplane.

I went to the Insomnia gaming festival during Easter at the Ricoh and it isn't a small event!

There must of been 10,000+ in attendance during the day.

As already mentioned though it is held in the huge exhibition hall inside the stadium, which will wipe out around 1/4 of the stadium for football use. I'm sure they can manage it though so the rest of the stadium is football only.

Will be extremely busy though and I mean extremely.

I also just seen on the news that there is now a train strike on over that bank holiday weekend, (only First Great Western for now). I dont think they operate to Coventry, but thought I would mention it incase it effect others that were planning on going to the game, whether they might be based.

Back