• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An evening kick off on a bank holiday monday, thats going to be a mission to get back home on the trains. No doubt Sunday service, if they are not on strike or undertaking engineeering works / bus replacement etc..

Going to give this one a miss.

Does anyone know if there is plans for it to be televised?

Not mentioned on OS about television so i presume not, probably have Premier League on.

I know its a Bank Holiday Monday but it means we now have 5 weekday evening away games this season.
It would be a nice gesture by Coventry to reduce admission prices for this match!

No apology to the fans from either club about the late change in the date, this could have been sorted out weeks ago!

Add me to the list of people who cant make the new date. Was looking forward to this one as one of only 4 grounds left to visit in this league.

Looks like I'm the only one pleased about this...couldn't make the original date but can make this one.

Glad the train tickets weren't TOO expensive. Poor organisation by CCFC they should have sorted this well before now or at least given warning that the fixture was unlikely to take place on the 29th and another date would be arranged in due course.

I've only just booked my motorcycle camping trip to coincide with the match on the Saturday :facepalm: I'll still go camping on my bike, but I do like to combine the camping with the football and had picked my site to fit in with the match.

I'll now be taking another trip on the Monday to Coventry. Mrs Suffolk Blue is a little miffed as she thought she had the pleasure of my company for the Bank Holiday.

I can't understand why this had to be such a late change. They knew about the festival months ago, and the fixtures have been known since mid-June. Also, didn't somebody say that a home match last season coincided with the same festival. If that was a problem they could have asked for and received an away match that weekend. If it wasn't a problem last year, what has changed to make it a problem this time around?

I don't mind it being on the monday but it really sucks that we won't be getting home until gone midnight what with having work on the tuesday.

Happy with this.:thumbsup:

Will be listening in to the game via BP on holiday in Cyprus.Much rather be sitting around in an internet cafe on a Monday evening rather than Saturday afternoon.

My thoughts exactly Matty, hope your driving then?

I would be surprised if your home by midnight if your taking the train. I looked initially at this and if I can make the 22:31 from Coventry, it doesnt get back into Euston until 23:56, then cross town to catch the 00.44 from liverpool street wont get me back to Southend Victoria until 2am.

more to the point, a stupid fixture change in my opinion. Gutted as I was looking forward to that game.

Bad planning by The Football League really, surely if this gamer festival was planned some time ago you would have expected Cov to be away on this weekend...

The sad thing is there will be more gamers at the Ricoh than football fans :-(

Wonder how many people won't be going now. Well done Coventry and Southend. Lost a bit of revenue there.

I live in Birmingham and me and my 9 year old son try to get to as many games as we can, and this was one we were really looking forward to. Unfortunately now we can't go as I am working nights that week. Not happy.

Last edited:
Pathetic decision to change the date of the match this late when they must surely have been fully aware of the clash with this gaming festival.

Back