• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I also just seen on the news that there is now a train strike on over that bank holiday weekend, (only First Great Western for now). I dont think they operate to Coventry, but thought I would mention it incase it effect others that were planning on going to the game, whether they might be based.

It's London Midland/Virgin to Cov....we'll be fine.

It can be much more than 50 miles from Milton Keynes to Coventry for you MK. You could ride your bike there if its a nice day.

Less than that, and I should be in attendence. Though after riding my bike for 20 miles yesterday, I don't think I'll be on 2 wheels.... :stunned: #sorearse

I went to the Insomnia gaming festival during Easter at the Ricoh and it isn't a small event!

There must of been 10,000+ in attendance during the day.

As already mentioned though it is held in the huge exhibition hall inside the stadium, which will wipe out around 1/4 of the stadium for football use. I'm sure they can manage it though so the rest of the stadium is football only.

Will be extremely busy though and I mean extremely.
I dont think it will be that bad. I went to a game there during the Olympics with 30,000+ in attendance and it didn't feel
too busy.

As already mentioned though it is held in the huge exhibition hall inside the stadium, which will wipe out around 1/4 of the stadium for football use.

... just have to make do with the remaining 24,000 seats then !

Kudos to mfurok who has saved a fair few fans a bit of cash with his prediction.

Really poor from the clubs though. They knew this festival was taking place when the fixtures came out. Why leave it until 3 weeks before the game to change the date? If I'd booked my train ticket for this I would be fuming.

One of the games I wanted to go to this year ............ but will be on holiday now.

Still there's always next season, isn't there?

That's late notice if you have bought train tickets for the Saturday fixture!!!

Couldn't they have scheduled Coventry to have an away game on the weekend of the stupid ******* gaming festival.

That's a big, big ****er as I was hoping to go. Not sure I can do a monday night. Bad times.

Like I have. Great. Once again no consideration for the lowly football fan.

An evening kick off on a bank holiday monday, thats going to be a mission to get back home on the trains. No doubt Sunday service, if they are not on strike or undertaking engineeering works / bus replacement etc..

Going to give this one a miss.

Does anyone know if there is plans for it to be televised?

Had intended to take my sons to this and it would have been my youngest sons first away game.

To say the least, I'm NOT ******G HAPPY. :angry:

What was the reason? That stupid gaming festival?

Thread on Cov forum suggests they want to maximise corporate income. May not be true though. Yes, the gaming festival has been planned for months and months so they knew this was possible, but they've left it until three weeks before the game, fully aware that fans wanting to travel by train will have already moved to book advance train tickets.

I feel your pain Jaysta - I only decided not to go on Monday, I'd been hovering over the 'buy train tickets' button on the Friday before changing my mind.
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/59163-Southend-away-moved-to-Monday

Back