• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need a spinner. our bowling attack is very much our weak link but I suppose we weren't to know that the ECB would bring in a rule which would effectively make Ryder's bowling toothless.

however, while Porter and Beard are very promising they are very young and promising. Napier has started the season well but is in his last season so we rely too much on bits and pieces players.

we need a spinner to take up the slack for me and I'd think that is an overseas spinner who comes in for Ryder

we need a spinner. our bowling attack is very much our weak link but I suppose we weren't to know that the ECB would bring in a rule which would effectively make Ryder's bowling toothless.

however, while Porter and Beard are very promising they are very young and promising. Napier has started the season well but is in his last season so we rely too much on bits and pieces players.

we need a spinner to take up the slack for me and I'd think that is an overseas spinner who comes in for Ryder

Young and promising or young and hungry?

I suppose we weren't to know that the ECB would bring in a rule which would effectively make Ryder's bowling toothless

I think I missed this, but is there a new rule regarding overseas players?

I like Ryder and he seems to enjoy being with us and gives us a good all-round performance (quite literally).

Agreed on a spinner, but is any county blessed with one in Div 2 that could be classed as a match-winner.

We look really strong at the moment and only the weather has stopped us winning all our matches so far.

Last edited:
I think I missed this, but is there a new rule regarding overseas players?

I like Ryder and he seems to enjoy being with us and gives us a good all-round performance (quite literally).

Agreed on a spinner, but is any county blessed with one in Div 2 that could be classed as a match-winner.

We look really strong at the moment and only the weather has stopped us winning all our matches so far.

Spot on, we probably would have won all our games if we had the full 4 days on each. All our draws we have been on top.

As for the spinner, I do miss Danish Kaneiria (match fixing aside)

The interesting county in our division is Sussex.

Thought they would be strong, but seem very poor at the moment.

Leicestershire seem to have got their act together, but we don't have anyone to fear at the moment.

The interesting county in our division is Sussex.

Thought they would be strong, but seem very poor at the moment.

Leicestershire seem to have got their act together, but we don't have anyone to fear at the moment.

I thought Sussex would be the ones to beat but it is looking like Worcs might be our main challenge. Wouldn't write off Sussex yet though, I had a bet on Surrey to win last year and they started badly only to come through, plus think Sussex will benefit from Jordan returning from IPL

I thought Sussex would be the ones to beat but it is looking like Worcs might be our main challenge. Wouldn't write off Sussex yet though, I had a bet on Surrey to win last year and they started badly only to come through, plus think Sussex will benefit from Jordan returning from IPL

Who is most likely to be adversely affected by test match call ups?

Who is most likely to be adversely affected by test match call ups?

Maybe he has been 12th man a lot, I think for his fielding, Certainly will be in the ODI squads but not so sure if he'll be in the test sides, he isn't in the squad for the 1st test against SL

I'm looking forward to watching the Essex V Surrey T20 game on sky. I am hoping to see Wahab Riaz for Essex and Sangakkara for Surrey. Lots of big names so will be a close game I think. If they play Dernbach, I expect Essex to get at least 300 :smile:

Worcestershire seem a good call.

D'Oliveira is scoring runs for fun at the moment.

Just how many D'Oliveira's are there!! :omg:

Maybe he has been 12th man a lot, I think for his fielding, Certainly will be in the ODI squads but not so sure if he'll be in the test sides, he isn't in the squad for the 1st test against SL

So are we most likely to be affected given that Cook will be off soon? Or do we get off lightly in comparison?

Cook's already gone. He's not playing in this match.

I think we'll be OK, unless they fancy giving Tom Westley a chance if Vince struggles.

Worcestershire lose Moeen, but I don't think too many Div 2 counties will be affected, looking at their squads.

Peter Such is about as far back as I go, I only really remember him as my mum used to cut his hair

When I first left university I worked for an accountant in Southend. I went to do a stock take at a sports wear manufacturer, where Keith Pont was working.

Meanwhile, we appear to be re-starting.

31 overs to get 9 wickets or 8 if Hughes doesn't bat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back