• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extraordinary innings by Sammit Patel at Trent Bridge at the moment! :clap:

Seem to remember Ponty get a trial with a top baseball team as his arm was so accurate ?

I think that was Ian Pont and he did go on to baseball trials as a pitcher.

He also played for Billericay CC and was a handful at their new ground at the time. One game was abandoned because he was too dangerous to face.

Keith Pont used to sometimes pop over to our ground and drop in for a chat when he lived in Rayleigh at the time.

Nice family.

Their dad was a big figure on the local club scene in Essex, as well.

Yep and probably allowing 2 overs between innings, I'd say we have about 12 overs to bowl them out, unless they collapse completely and don't get the 18 runs.

I think that was Ian Pont and he did go on to baseball trials as a pitcher.

He also played for Billericay CC and was a handful at their new ground at the time. One game was abandoned because he was too dangerous to face.

Keith Pont used to sometimes pop over to our ground and drop in for a chat when he lived in Rayleigh at the time.

Nice family.

Their dad was a big figure on the local club scene in Essex, as well.

Yep you are correct , wrong Pont old age im afraid lol

Yep another draw written all over this

And so.... it was exactly that.

A disappointing last day and a half from Essex, It could have been alot worse though if not from Browne in the 2nd innings, I just wish that Bopara, Westley & Mickleburgh could be more consistent with the bat over the 4 days.

I was hoping (expecting) a win from this one, now just hoping we can turn it around against Northants at the weekend, we certainly don't need another mid-summer slump, like we did last year. I'm hoping Ten Doeschate is higher up the batting order, come Saturday.

Getting ourselves in a very strong position here.

Great consistent batting all-round, again.

Looking even better now. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, Liam Gough (Darren Gough's son) made 126* for our 2nd XI the other day. :cool:

This would be some win if they could pull it off. We've had a fantastic day today - quick runs from Foster and RtD and now early wickets. Game on.

Meanwhile, check out the Somerset v Surrey match.

Yep, much obliged.

That's what you call a tense finale!

Listening on BBC Radio Bristol.

Crowd applauding every dot ball!

Scores level.

Typical English summer robbed us of some exciting cricket today & a possible victory. All these draws, could cost us at the end of the season.

Another win.

2 from 2 in the Royal London cup and top of the 2nd Division in the Championship - anyone missing Grayson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back