• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think it would make sense to move the cricket season to winter to avoid all the rain interruptions?

Good display by Essex to beat Kent today, we much needed that win to put us back at the top of the table with a match in hand over them also.

Good display by Essex to beat Kent today, we much needed that win to put us back at the top of the table with a match in hand over them also.

Agreed. The annoying thing is the amount of games that have ended in a draw. The weather really is playing its part...

A win over Kent, who are supported by Jonny Stokes, to put us top of the table. That's one helluva trifecta.

Just seen on the BBC News, that Essex Cricket Club, plan to play a few of their 20/20 games at Wet Spam's Olympic stadium by 2018.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36764000

Heard whispers that the proposed franchise tournament would have us merged with Middlesex playing at the Olympic stadium. Seemed very odd to me as I thought merging with Kent would make more sense? Wouldn't have paid it much mind but I heard it from some people very in the know at Essex, including a former captain.

Ease up Essex! Having put Gloucestershire into bat and suffering an opening stand of 77, there was a break for rain. Since they've come back on Glouc. have slumped to 140-7...........the ball obviously moving around a bit. Perhaps I wouldn't be in a rush to get the last three wickets and bat this afternoon, we may not be in such a good position, come stumps. :unsure:

6 wicket haul for Quinn. :smile:

Ease up Essex! Having put Gloucestershire into bat and suffering an opening stand of 77, there was a break for rain. Since they've come back on Glouc. have slumped to 140-7...........the ball obviously moving around a bit. Perhaps I wouldn't be in a rush to get the last three wickets and bat this afternoon, we may not be in such a good position, come stumps. :unsure:

6 wicket haul for Quinn. :smile:

I wouldn't worry we quite often struggle with the tail:smile:

Heard whispers that the proposed franchise tournament would have us merged with Middlesex playing at the Olympic stadium. Seemed very odd to me as I thought merging with Kent would make more sense? Wouldn't have paid it much mind but I heard it from some people very in the know at Essex, including a former captain.

Well Middlesex wouldn't agree to get in to bed with Surrey (I guess) so us and them perhaps makes more sense.

Having been brought up in the 1980s I still regard Middlesex as the main enemy though, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about joining forces with them.

197 to win tomorrow .......9 wickets in hand. A victory would put us in the driving seat for promotion, if we can't get those runs, we probably don't deserve to go up. Considering they had us by the throat today at 148 without loss, Essex (Quinn) have done brilliantly to take control of the match again! Great day in prospect tomorrow, who cares about England v Pakistan! :smile:

****, we are making a right dog's breakfast of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back