• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

No more rain scheduled but should be safe as a draw. Lancashire need to get us out and put on a target. They'd take a draw rather than risk losing.

... and with that, we've declared and the game is over.

Hampshire and Surrey is now a draw, as well. :happy:

Division One leaders Essex get themselves a first batting bonus point of the game as Paul Walter drives Liam Livingstone for a boundary.

We're back to four points each so far taken by the two sides in this game which means Essex's lead over second-placed Lancashire currently stands at 36 points.

Well, Essex have picked up that batting bonus point and decided that they will declare.

The declaration comes just as Lancashire were about to take the new ball and try and claim a ninth wicket to steal the final bowling bonus point.

And that is that at Old Trafford.

The battle of Division One's top two ends, rather predictably, in a draw after the majority of the game was disrupted by the weather.

Both sides take nine points from the game, which means the gap between the two remains at 36 points with three games remaining in the season.

Well done Essex, great declaration to stop them getting another bowling bonus point. :smile:

Who wants some excellent news?

SKY have only gone and decided to show the entire match live between Warwickshire and Essex next week! :cool:

Lovely Jubbly!! Mange Tout!! Champs Elysees!!.....My old Bruv!!

I'm on holiday next weekend,.. So that's my hair appointment cancelled (can't stand hairdressers anyway, what with all those pointless conversations etc).... And as for Mrs Mattitouk, well she will have to collect her own bloody new suitcase from Argos in lakeside now.

Cheers Andy. That's great news & it's just freed up a lot of my tasks for the week! (well genuine excuses not to do them anyway). :thumbsup:

So i'm doing the simple maths, and in my mind, it will officially be wrapped before the last game V Yorkshire.

We currently have a 36 point lead, I cant see us having a 48 point lead after the Warwicks match. Lancs should beat beat somerset, too.

Essex V Hamps could well be a draw. As could the Lancs game with Middlesex.

According to Bumble he reckons Cooky may need some work on his knee so might be not available for Tuesdays game. Pretty sure Westley will be able to play which will help massively as without Tendo as well we are well short on runs! Wagner is back which should help, not sure if Amir will be fit though!?

Pakistan have Test matches so Amir is unavailable for the rest of the campaign

Been confirmed that Westley can play the last 3 games. Cook can't play this week and they've not yet made a decision yet about the last 2 games!

Shame with Cooky, but not ruled out of the last two matches. Westley, I think, was always going to be OK as he is not centrally contracted, though I'm not sure if England can still control his playing, even if he doesn't have a contract.

I notice Woakes has been released to play against us.

10:25am start on SKY Sports Cricket, tomorrow.

Can't wait! :cool::thumbsup:

Back