• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

Shame about Cookie but the ECB are the boss men I guess. Is RTD back in the country?

Much better looking squad.

I guess we will go:

Chops
Browne
Westley
Lawrence
Bops
RTD
Fossie
Harmer
Wagner
Porter
S.Cook

That leaves Walter and Wheater out which is harsh on them so I guess Walter could well play instead of Cook but Cook looks to have something about him and has that opening pace you need as Wagner is more of a first change bowler.

We can win the title this week I believe if we win and Lancashire lose with fewer than 4 bonus points. That doesn't include our bonus points. So if they got 5 bonus points, we'd need 2 to win.

Nice thought. But there are so many permutations. At the end of the day we currently have a 36 point lead, & there is still another maximum of 72 points left for every one to grab. So it's far from in the bag, although, who would bet against us!

On paper, this our last true chance to stamp our authority on lifting the trophy & come tomorrow we need to put in a big batting & bowling performance against the weakest team in the division, so we really need to make the most of this.

I'm clutching at straws here, but hopefully the Somerset V Lancashire game could be a draw, the Weather is currently predicting rain on Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon. Sadly for us though, Somerset's all rounder Lewis Gregory is out for the rest of the season with a back injury (he's taken 21 wickets and scored 299 runs this season).

Tough to call the side for today.

As 'The General' says, Walter and Wheater would feel hard done by.

I think they could both play and we'd go without Cook and Lawrence.

Be interesting to see the side later this morning.

Think young Dan is a match winner imho, would think Wheater will be the drinks carrier

Looking forward to the rollercoaster ride for next few days

Come on you Essex

I'm almost getting bored of seeing Porter on the scorecard every single time Essex plays! What a fantastic season he having! Long may it continue. Keep it going boys.

Good first session that.

Porter attacking the stumps, as always. Harmer getting plenty of turn, so I can see him really getting stuck in this afternoon.

Sibley battling hard. Good to get Bell out, as he was starting to look good.

Overall enjoyable watching, so far. :thumbsup:

Another excellent session and those batch of wickets just before tea has really put us in the driving seat.

8 wickets down. 7 of them LBW! :thumbsup:

Back