• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

Another excellent day's work!

One more good day tomorrow and I think we are almost there.

If we can keep the rain away we've got a great chance. Harmer spilled Sibley early on but I think we can forgive him after the season he's had.
We could really do with the rain holding off long enough to win this, and I could do with the office getting closed for 3 days to watch it :angry:

We should be alright weather wise, maybe a chance of rain around noon tomorrow and Thursday, (but only for about an hour) So I wouldn't expect to see many overs missing from the days.

I just hope we can bat really well tomorrow, especially within the next 89 overs to pick up the maximum batting points, to add to our 3 bowling points we have already.

As for your work situation, my suggestion is to look for a little red box on the wall marked "break glass" & leg it.

Last edited:
The Taunton pitch looks like it's taking spin, seeing the wickets yesterday, so Somerset will fancy their chances to win the match from here.

A nice 400-5 at the close tonight and I reckon that's job done for us! :thumbsup::happy:

Just wonder if Porter has put himself in contention for an Ashes place, if only for the experience

Considering the squad we have and it can be threadbare. this can be measured in cricket terms as Leicester FC winning the premiership

Didn't realise Foster is leaving at end of the season, so what a great way to send him off, just a shame Napier and Masters were not around for one more season even if squad players to rejoice in this season success

UTE

Just wonder if Porter has put himself in contention for an Ashes place, if only for the experience

Mike Newell was there yesterday, keeping an eye on Woakes and Westley, I would think, but Porter would be on the agenda somewhere, as well.

For me, his biggest asset is bowling straight, full and attacking the stumps. Something most England bowlers don't do enough of. Woakes, last night, was bowling a foot outside off-stump all the time, so Browne and Chopra could leave most deliveries.

My gut feeling is that the Ashes bowlers are all sorted and the selectors have Wood and Ball up their sleeve, as well, so I think Jamie would miss out.

Definitely one for the future. Especially in English conditions.

Browne out 72.1

Catch could be contentious as looked close to floor

No problem with the catch, but I was surprised the umpires were allowed to check on the TV replay.

I'd have thought the rules were the same for every county match, insomuch as there are no TV options at all the other matches during the season.

For example, there's no DRS in this match.

Last edited:
Thats a good point Andy T

Hard being an umpire, on real time TV i thought it was bum ball, end of the day you have to trust the fielder, or perhaps the days of fair play are long gone, when a fielder said it was caught it was caught
This season we had the game v Notts one day and Ravi wasn't sure if he had caught and went to third umpire and after numerous replays and minutes giving not out

Swings and roundabout Patel was given LBW and not even close yesterday

Lancs 61.3 so the Ciderboyz doing a good job

That was a quality knock from Dan.

Chopra played well, as well. Deserved a ton.

Still extremely well placed.

Second new ball straight after tea, but if we can bat the rest of the day, then 150+ lead will put us in a very strong position.

Back