• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you in favour of Britain's membership of the EU?

• In.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Out.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Bart.No opion.It depends etc

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I have more faith in the ability of young people to register than you.

Perhaps you do.

I was always quite happy to re-register to vote whenever I changed my address as a student.Three times in three years in my case.

Not so sure today's yoof are so determined,which I imagine is what the government is counting on.

Cammy is appearing vague and indecisive? not a story really.
Is he trying to get the EU to believe a Britex is more likely? or appealing to his core voters?

I've just been watching our erstwhile PM laying out his criteria for our continuing membership of the EU. Stout stuff from Dave, but does Europe give a toss anymore what we want? And what on earth will happen if we don't get concessions but we still vote to remain in after a referendum? Dark days indeed for our once politically great country, very sad.

I've just been watching our erstwhile PM laying out his criteria for our continuing membership of the EU. Stout stuff from Dave, but does Europe give a toss anymore what we want? And what on earth will happen if we don't get concessions but we still vote to remain in after a referendum? Dark days indeed for our once politically great country, very sad.

Getting 27 countries to agree on anything is a tall order, this was plain to see with the refugee crisis.
Even if he were to get the changes he wants, it will certainly not go far enough for some including those on his own back benches.

Getting 27 countries to agree on anything is a tall order, this was plain to see with the refugee crisis.
Even if he were to get the changes he wants, it will certainly not go far enough for some including those on his own back benches.

It made me laugh that while DC is trying to stand tough for TV, Boris throws out a magnificent one liner in Israel. After taking part in a childrens' football match he spouts 'No children were hurt in the making of this photo opportunity'....priceless, and I hate the bloke.

Nor (fairly obviously) for Kippers either.

I'm happy to predict that Cameron will be able to get substantial changes in three of of the four areas he's after (but not with regard to changes in benefits for other EU members ).

The refugee crisis clearly hasn't been sorted yet-though Germany is showing the way forward.

He has clearly never played poker, he shows everyone he has a **** hand and still expects everyone else to fold. He is out of his depth.

Nor (fairly obviously) for Kippers either.

I'm happy to predict that Cameron will be able to get substantial changes in three of of the four areas he's after (but not with regard to changes in benefits for other EU members ).

The refugee crisis clearly hasn't been sorted yet-though Germany is showing the way forward.

I think you are fairly safe in a prediction that says Cameron will not get everything he wants.

As for Germany leading the way with the refugee crisis their response has been chaotic at best, with what should have been a European problem turning into a German one, and something they are not coping with on the ground.

How long will it be before Merkel has to go to both Greece and Turkey begging them to stem the tide?

I think you are fairly safe in a prediction that says Cameron will not get everything he wants.

As for Germany leading the way with the refugee crisis their response has been chaotic at best, with what should have been a European problem turning into a German one, and something they are not coping with on the ground.

How long will it be before Merkel has to go to both Greece and Turkey begging them to stem the tide?

Wouldn't suprise me at all if Merkel ends up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for her (and Germany's) principled position over taking in so many migrants.

It still remains to be seen what medium and long-term consequences her actions will have politically,not only in Germany but elsewhere in the EU too.

As I'm sure you're aware, the EU has already made overtures to Turkey, in order to get their assistance "to stem the tide."

Wouldn't suprise me at all if Merkel ends up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for her (and Germany's) principled position over taking in so many migrants.

It still remains to be seen what medium and long-term consequences her actions will have politically,not only in Germany but elsewhere in the EU too.

As I'm sure you're aware, the EU has already made overtures to Turkey, in order to get their assistance "to stem the tide."

I would be very surprised if a person that invites hundreds of thousands of people to make perilous journeys would be awarded anything.

And as far as I am aware the EU sent a delegation out to Turkey but no deal was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back