• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you in favour of Britain's membership of the EU?

• In.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Out.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Bart.No opion.It depends etc

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor (fairly obviously) for Kippers either.

I'm happy to predict that Cameron will be able to get substantial changes in three of of the four areas he's after (but not with regard to changes in benefits for other EU members ).

The refugee crisis clearly hasn't been sorted yet-though Germany is showing the way forward.

Showing the way forward by falling apart maybe,try looking away from your blinkered media for the real storys.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if Merkel ends up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for her (and Germany's) principled position over taking in so many migrants.

It still remains to be seen what medium and long-term consequences her actions will have politically,not only in Germany but elsewhere in the EU too.

As I'm sure you're aware, the EU has already made overtures to Turkey, in order to get their assistance "to stem the tide."

It's called bribery.

I would be very surprised if a person that invites hundreds of thousands of people to make perilous journeys would be awarded anything.

And as far as I am aware the EU sent a delegation out to Turkey but no deal was done.

Prepare to be suprised then.

Btw,Turkey already hosts 2 million refugees from Syria within its borders.

Showing the way forward by falling apart maybe,try looking away from your blinkered media for the real storys.

I'd suggest you do the same.After all you've benefitted personally from the free movement of labour in the EU.As have I.

It's called bribery.

That's certainly one (rather cynical) way of looking at it.

The EU and USA have pumped billions of euros and dollars into Turkey for 30+ years. Turkey has milked its position and Muslim status, as have Albania ( 2nd largest urban population of Albanians is NYC) and Kosovo. Nobody should be fooled into thinking that there is any more than a very small minority of politicians doing anything for the betterment of persons other than themselves.:angry:

Prepare to be suprised then.

Btw,Turkey already hosts 2 million refugees from Syria within its borders.

I

They host or have in transit?

As for Princess Merkel winning an award, do you seriously believe her handling of this crisis has been worthy of an accolade???

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk

I see that nice Mr Cameron has apparently found a "pathway" for a new EU deal with his partners in Europe.

Could anyone explain to me,in simple terms please,what this "pathway" might actually consist of?

Personally, I forsee a lot of "stones" in it (warning Blues reference).

https://youtu.be/cmkkTGYyn5o

http://www.metrolyrics.com/stones-in-my-passway-lyrics-robert-johnson.html

Why should we when all you do is avoid posts that you can't defend.

They host or have in transit?

As for Princess Merkel winning an award, do you seriously believe her handling of this crisis has been worthy of an accolade???

In answer to your second question.Absolutely.No question in mind that she's the politician of the year.

In answer to your first question.I'm not aware of any large numbers of refugees currently in transit from camps in Turkey to destinations in the EU.

Perhaps you have some information to divulge on this point?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk

I see that nice Mr Cameron has apparently found a "pathway" for a new EU deal with his partners in Europe.

Could anyone explain to me,in simple terms please,what this "pathway" might actually consist of?

Personally, I forsee a lot of "stones" in it (warning Blues reference).

https://youtu.be/cmkkTGYyn5o

http://www.metrolyrics.com/stones-in-my-passway-lyrics-robert-johnson.html

I'm sure any half-competent business English teacher could explain it to you. Ask around Barcelona for a recommendation.

ps Your blues reference would make a lot more sense if the PM had said anything about passways.

Looking forward to a referendum. Democracy at work etc.
I have never liked joint political idea behind the gwrman empire.....sorry I mean the EU. I fully support the trade side of the EU and would support an amended free movement policy....work purposes only for example. But it's the fact we can not make big decisions regarding British issues...that's my issue. I'm out for what it's worth I hate the idea that for over a hundred years the Germans have finally conquered the continent....in a very different way than previous attempts admittedly but they got there in the end.

Interestingly, the % of people who would vote to stay in is the lowest since March 1983 according to polls.

I'm sure any half-competent business English teacher could explain it to you. Ask around Barcelona for a recommendation.

ps Your blues reference would make a lot more sense if the PM had said anything about passways

Not really since a passway is defined as :-

A way by which one can pass; a road; a route

Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/passway#SsrutZW63E4dVD9j.99

whereas a pathway is defined as :-

a track that constitutes or serves as a path.

Anyway I thought it was a good opportunity to work in some Robert Johnson lyrics.

You could even say that Cameron's Tory party is at a crossroads over Europe.
Geddit? :winking:

In answer to your second question.Absolutely.No question in mind that she's the politician of the year.

In answer to your first question.I'm not aware of any large numbers of refugees currently in transit from camps in Turkey to destinations in the EU.

Perhaps you have some information to divulge on this point?

So just in your mind then that Princess Merkel is the politician of the year....

Are you suggesting that Merkel didn't know many refugees were making perilous journeys between Turkey and the Greek islands etc?

I would have thought your politician of the year would be better informed.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=51748#.VnR4d_mLTIU

So just in your mind then that Princess Merkel is the politician of the year....

Are you suggesting that Merkel didn't know many refugees were making perilous journeys between Turkey and the Greek islands etc?

I would have thought your politician of the year would be better informed.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=51748#.VnR4d_mLTIU

The important point surely is that she was prepared to take in so many migrants and risk losing popularity with her own voters.

That's what I call statesmanship.

Not shown by people like NF who just panders to the lowest possible common denominator.

Last edited:
The important point surely is that she was prepared to take in so many refugees and risk losing popularity with her own voters.

Not shown by people like NF who just panders to the lowest possible common denominator.

No, the important thing is that she encouraged people to risk their lives....if she's such a great statesman why not provide safe routes?

The important point surely is that she was prepared to take in so many refugees and risk losing popularity with her own voters.

Typical evasive bullcrap we've come to expect from you Comrade. Your asked a specific question and your reply starts with 'The important point surely is'. What's all that about, it's not PMQT you know. Why couldn't you just answer the question Callan asked?

Typical evasive bullcrap we've come to expect from you Comrade. Your asked a specific question and your reply starts with 'The important point surely is'. What's all that about, it's not PMQT you know. Why couldn't you just answer the question Callan asked?

I suspect that by next summer the route to the EU via Greece will largely be closed off to migrants because of the new deal that's been struck with Turkey.

PS.I'm sure that won't satisy you either,comrade.:winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back