• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Gutted for wellbeck.
My starting 11.
.....................Hart. ....
Clyne cahill smalling rose
.....................dier............ ..
..........Ali Wilshire
....................Rooney....
.............kane vardy......

I get ya point mate but he is so good. He plays the game in a way that no one else does. He has had a few warm up games prior to PL return, another arsenal game coming up plus three England warm up games....I would take him 100 per cent.

He also seems a natural fit in that midfield. Prior to the news about Welbeck I was certainly assuming a three man midfield along the lines of the one which started in Germany in March (Dier, Alli + whoever replaces Henderson) and Wilshere fits perfectly there. Three good, young players each with different and complementary attributes.

He also seems a natural fit in that midfield. Prior to the news about Welbeck I was certainly assuming a three man midfield along the lines of the one which started in Germany in March (Dier, Alli + whoever replaces Henderson) and Wilshere fits perfectly there. Three good, young players each with different and complementary attributes.

Honestly a midfield of dier ali and wilshire could be outstanding. Just need Roy to be bold.....

Don't think he'll go for that.

There's a lack of pace (Vardy aside) and Woy likes pace and mobility. Not sure who other than Sterling now Townsend, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott are all out of contention.

There's a lack of pace (Vardy aside) and Woy likes pace and mobility. Not sure who other than Sterling now Townsend, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott are all out of contention.

Not sure Townsend and Walcott are out of contention yet... :sad:

What formation do you think woy will go with. A 4 3 3 maybe but I don't see where Rooney plays in that Shap and let's be honest he will play rooney

What formation do you think woy will go with. A 4 3 3 maybe but I don't see where Rooney plays in that Shap and let's be honest he will play rooney

Don't know.

I think Rooney could play in a 4-3-3 though. Wouldn't be his best position and I'm not saying it's necessarily a good idea but he could play there.

Rooney will play even though Vardy, Kane and Sturridge are better options. Roy is loyal to players which is frustrating! The only plus is that I think he'll be loyal to Sturridge too and for me he is our best striker, I seem to be in the minority with that opinion though.

Rooney will play even though Vardy, Kane and Sturridge are better options. Roy is loyal to players which is frustrating! The only plus is that I think he'll be loyal to Sturridge too and for me he is our best striker, I seem to be in the minority with that opinion though.

I'm pretty sure Kane is first name on the teamsheet for Hodgson now. The guy is a bit special and Roy has had him up front for a while now.

He'll find a spot for Rooney too - probably out wide in a front three.

i would have started Welbeck wide left myself as he puts a real shift in and gives options.

my own personal Starting XI would be

Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Rose
Dier Alli
Lallana Rooney Milner
Kane

that's attacking but Alli was so good against Germany and throughout the season that i don't see how he can be left out. then there's probably more options off the bench and around the squad than i can remember for England so that XI above is pretty flexible.
i don't personally like a diamond as there's not enough width or space in good areas

26 man squad announced:

Goalkeepers
Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders
Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Ryan Bertrand, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Gary Cahill

Midfielders
Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Adam Lallana, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Andros Townsend

Forwards
Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Daniel Sturridge

26 man squad announced:

Goalkeepers
Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders
Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Ryan Bertrand, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Gary Cahill

Midfielders
Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Adam Lallana, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Andros Townsend

Forwards
Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Daniel Sturridge

I am genuinely excited by this squad for the first time in a long time. Sven Goran Eriksson reckons we could win the tournament. I wouldn't go that far yet, but if England get a good start then it could be a very exciting series.

Average age of that squad is just under 25, and it looks fairly strong on paper.

You'd have to be incredibly miserly/deluded to conclude that Hodgson has failed in his role of bringing through a new generation of internationals.

Average age of that squad is just under 25, and it looks fairly strong on paper.

You'd have to be incredibly miserly/deluded to conclude that Hodgson has failed in his role of bringing through a new generation of internationals.

I am overjoyed by the number of West Ham fans who are properly annoyed by this squad.

I think Hodgson has done a very creditable job in creating a squad that has hunger and pace (obviously Jason Williams is not there, but never mind). The thing I like about the current team is that they want to play themselves out of difficulty and have belief in their skills. The addition of Marcus Rashford is bold and could be a great addition. No Fear?

It is great to see the moronic Wet Spam fans moaning. Am I right that Hodgson will have to take 3 of the players out before his final squad is announced anyway? So if it is three who would it be? Rashford, Townsend Sturridge? I'm struggling to think!

Cannot believe that he's picked Wilshere with 3 appearances this season, Delph with a handful of poor appearances and Rashford for his flash in the pan form and then anonymous performances for Man Utd. If Rashford had come through at West Brom he's probably not even be anywhere near the under 21s.

Yes, it'll give him some experience and he probably won't make the 23, but can't help but feel that it'll be piling a lot of pressure on the young lad which he could do without, whilst Defoe is in superb form for Sunderland.

I'd also be pretty peeved off if I were Theo Walcott being told I hadn't played enough and then seeing Delph and Wilshere called up.

Three centre backs is also a bit of a gamble, Dier could drop back but hasn't been great there for Spurs.

Theo's problem is that he hasn't played enough because he has been so poor. I'm a huge Walcott fan (have consistently called him England's best player on here) but I doubt even he is arguing today that he's been snubbed.

To me Wilshere was an absolute no-brainer pick. He is coming back from a leg break which is much less concerning than if it was a knee or ankle ligament problem. He has been fit for six weeks, he has three friendlies to now get some game time under his belt. He should be completely fresh by the time the tournament starts.

Henderson is the gamble pick, for me. he's still injured and is being rushed back. It is a reminder of us rushing Rooney & Beckham back but a much more mediocre version of that.

Back