• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Was a peach of a goal.

Always bad getting knocked out of a tournament on penalties.

I thought Poland edged it in the 1st half, but the Swiss certainly were the better team in the 2nd half and extra time.

Was a peach of a goal.

Always bad getting knocked out of a tournament on penalties.

I thought Poland edged it in the 1st half, but the Swiss certainly were the better team in the 2nd half and extra time.

Their penalty miss would make Gareth Southgate or David Batty feel better about themselves.

That's because neither team could defend.

Yep..and normally teams who cannot defend..wins nowt
Just watching the Wales-NI game H.T 0-0..the Germans said (ht),this is nothing to do with football!!!not a happy bunny

Not the best game of the tournament by far, however on the whole, probably just about the right result, although I thought Wales were below par today and a win by a single own goal is hardly convincing (however as us England fans know... you take what is ever on offer)... I think they will need to up their game though for either Belgium or Hungary though.

Right back to the Telly, to hopefully watch Ronaldo print of his e-boarding pass in about 90 minutes time!! :smile:

Personally,I'd say Germany,France ,Italy ,Spain and Croatia have been the most impressive teams so far.Croatia and one of the others (probably Germany or France will contest the final)

The best match so far was Hungary v Portugal though (closely folowed by Spain v Croatia)

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

bet against Barna's predictions and you'll bring down the house.

Croatia v Portugal was bloody dire - the only game I've fallen asleep watching so far this tournament. Really hope Portugal crash out in the quarters.

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

bet against Barna's predictions and you'll bring down the house.

I've switched to Belgium now to make the SF if you want to put some money on Portugal in that half of the draw.:winking:

Bet England and Spain are kicking themselves that they didn't win their respective groups.

Btw,I'd be interested to see your SF and Final predictions.

Last edited:
Croatia v Portugal was bloody dire - the only game I've fallen asleep watching so far this tournament. Really hope Portugal crash out in the quarters.

I have to agree there, I was also struggling to keep my eyes open. Wasn't it only something like 2 shots on target in 120 minutes?

I have to agree there, I was also struggling to keep my eyes open. Wasn't it only something like 2 shots on target in 120 minutes?
I thought I heard them say that the goal was the only shot on target in 120 minutes of open play! If that's true, that's a shockingly poor standard of football for the knockout stages of a major tournament,

Portugal have been one of the most boring teams to watch throughout the tournament so far. Their only game of interest has been the Hungary one.

Portugal have been one of the most boring teams to watch throughout the tournament so far. Their only game of interest has been the Hungary one.

Yes I agree, and the best one so far oddly (thanks to poor defending).

Sadly, I think the Poland V Portugal quarter final match will be equally as dull & boring, obviously meaning one of them 2 teams will make it through to the semi final of the Euro's (& none of them deserve it IMO)

I thought I heard them say that the goal was the only shot on target in 120 minutes of open play! If that's true, that's a shockingly poor standard of football for the knockout stages of a major tournament,

Technically I think the goal was two: the saved shot and then the header.

Back