• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Aren't we all honorary Welsh men and women today?

wales_ani.gif
Are we bollocks - after the way the ***** were supporting Iceland the other night?!?!
Come on België!!!!

belgium-fans.jpg

Last edited:
Ive got a tenner on Belgium at 11's and 25 on the Hun at 4's so a Belgium Germany final will do me.

Come on...Wales are still there! Aren't we all honorary Welsh men and women today?

wales_ani.gif

Not bothered the celebrated when Iceland won - our national team were an absolute disgrace and have drained any enthusiasm for the whole thing out of me.

I've got £20 on Belgium at 12/1 so sorry Wales.

Sidenote: How have Portugal got to the semis? Poor side, haven't won a game in 90 mins yet

Come on...Wales are still there! Aren't we all honorary Welsh men and women today?

wales_ani.gif

Nope. Had great fun down in Bordeaux when they were playing Slovakia but any time we got chatting to Welsh guys it soon enough turned to..."yeah, but I ****ing hate the English".

Roy was a shocking choice ,he proved how inept his management style is,but the FA loves the typical yes man don't they.They the FA ignored giving the role to the likes of Clough and Redknapp as these guys won't stand for any PC rubbish the FA overlords demand.Maybe just maybe Clough and Redknapp could have gave us some glory,sadly we will never know.

The FA IMO must stop giving the gig to old dinosaurs ,give Howe the gig ,young and attack minded with fresh ideas.

Putting Redknapp in the same bracket as Clough takes some doing.

Nope. Had great fun down in Bordeaux when they were playing Slovakia but any time we got chatting to Welsh guys it soon enough turned to..."yeah, but I ****ing hate the English".

This. **** them. I really don't understand the clamour for some to "see all the home nations do well" when the reality is they're so quick to point out they despise us and celebrate our departure so rapturously. Aaron Ramsey being clattered by Naingolan and/or Fellaini at some point would make for some delightful viewing.

Missed the first half of last night's game, but the second half and extra-time only convinced me what an absolute spurned opportunity this tournament has been for England. Portugal (and Poland, for that matter) have stunk the place out, and they'll now face Wales or Belgium for a place in the final! The England of qualifying would've eased past either of those sides last night, which perhaps highlights that the problems our national side has aren't necessarily in the technical side of the game as Waddle's been ranting about, but the tactical and mental sides.

Having said that, there's a good looking spine of players coming through the Portuguese ranks now. Renato Sanches speaks for himself, but I really like the look of Joao Mario. Add William Carvalho to that midfield unit and it looks hugely competent. Guerreiro looks every bit as promising as the Dortmund fans have been saying too. Could be in with a real chance of winning the multi-country Euro bonanza UEFA have in store for 2020.

Great twitter chain here (read the comments):

Perhaps Portugal are aiming to be champions by drawing every match :winking:

Wouldn't it be good to see the other 10 players on the Portuguese team waving their arms around and almost crying every time Ronaldo missed a chance.

wales_ani.gif

I'm embarrassingly all over the place on this one. I've got a couple of Welsh clients/friends and I've enjoyed their plucky Euro adventure. I've also had to be careful of patronising them to be honest but Iceland took that little worry right out of my hands.

Weird thing is, much as I'd potentially like them to go on and actually win the thing, I'd also take just as much pleasure from them getting a 10-0 absolute tonking tonight.

I'm embarrassingly all over the place on this one. I've got a couple of Welsh clients/friends and I've enjoyed their plucky Euro adventure. I've also had to be careful of patronising them to be honest but Iceland took that little worry right out of my hands.

Weird thing is, much as I'd potentially like them to go on and actually win the thing, I'd also take just as much pleasure from them getting a 10-0 absolute tonking tonight.

I'm retired so I can't do the client thing, but I agree with your confused sentiments completely. At the moment I'm veering towards the 10-0 end of the scale.

Maybe 1 down, but I can see them winning this.

Edit now 1-1. They look well up for it, the direct opposite of England.

Roy was a shocking choice ,he proved how inept his management style is,but the FA loves the typical yes man don't they.They the FA ignored giving the role to the likes of Clough and Redknapp as these guys won't stand for any PC rubbish the FA overlords demand.Maybe just maybe Clough and Redknapp could have gave us some glory,sadly we will never know.

The FA IMO must stop giving the gig to old dinosaurs ,give Howe the gig ,young and attack minded with fresh ideas.

Talking of old dinosaurs, you realise that Redknapp is older than Hodgson?

Not bothered the celebrated when Iceland won - our national team were an absolute disgrace and have drained any enthusiasm for the whole thing out of me.

You say this every time they lose: no need to perform a knee-reflex test on you.
You might want to try and discover some shades between black and white.

You say this every time they lose: no need to perform a knee-reflex test on you.
You might want to try and discover some shades between black and white.

Nope, it was the worst England performance I have witnessed, there was not one positive in the entire match. It hurts to lose with England or Southend, but it hurt even more to watch that dross.

Back