• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Never thought I'd see the day when Wales not only completely outclass England at a major tournament, but they leave us seriously needing to learn some valuable lessons from them. Fair play to them - they totally deserve their semi-final place. Da iawn Cymru!

Yet we're currently the only team to have beaten Wales.

Told you all you should be honorary Welsh men and women today!!! :raspberry:

Wales.gif

You did. And I still disagree. I'm not changing my nationality just because they won.

Yet we're currently the only team to have beaten Wales.
And our bunch of clueless muppets are now sat on their arses at home feeling sorry for themselves while the Welsh are marching on to a semi final. Beating them counts for nothing if we're going to go out and play like ***** against 3 other teams we should have slaughtered.

And our bunch of clueless muppets are now sat on their arses at home feeling sorry for themselves while the Welsh are marching on to a semi final. Beating them counts for nothing if we're going to go out and play like ***** against 3 other teams we should have slaughtered.

But you said they outclassed us. We beat them, and deserved to do so.

Either way I was really just pointing out how absurd football is...

The Welsh love in is doing my head in.

Yes of course it's a fantastic achievement and yes of course I'm bitter.

That was a disgrace.

Just had a convo on twitter with Shrimperjon about it after he, and a few others blamed lack of passion.

Thats nonsense, they players had passion, what they lacked is the ability to play football all of a sudden.

When we need to break down a well organised team we need to play killer balls and play intelligently, what we got was players unable to actually pass 5 yards to each other at all. Rooney's passing in the first two games was superb, he ran the midfield, tonight he gave the ball away pretty much every time he got it, and he certainly wasnt alone. Misplaced passes all night, crosses constantly over hit. Total rubbish.

Kane was trying to take 41m free kicks when he has not delivered anything from free kicks all tournament. Why?!?

I have no idea what happens to them to go from a team that at least controlled the first 3 games without being clinical to one that simply is unable to do the very basics. At least twice players let the balls go under their feet for petes sake, I would have been embarrassed to do that in my football days.

Is it pressure, is it poor management? No idea, but putting it down to passion and not wanting to win enough is the easy excuse to blame it on.

exactly this. it wasn't a lack of passion, it was a returning to the old English failing of being unable to pass the bloody ball to each other. no one added anything.
i can't remember a worse England performance

Shearer made a fantastic point last night in showing that as well as Wales' scorers being English, every player had came through an academy system in the English pyramid, just as England's had. That should go some distance to prove that our lacklustre performances in international tournaments cannot solely be down to any perceived failings within the academy system. That's just a convenient excuse.

I see Steve Peters is the latest out the door. Long been suspected that his methods don't lend well to footballers.

Just got back from the Bayreuth "town bierfest"..where i sold British beers..cider.old speck hen,John Smiths at the Anglo-German club.Had to leave early Too many happy-drunk Germans?? getting ready for the game(come on ITaly)...even saw a man in his 70s face painted..its going mad here....but they all are VERY worried about Italy.if they go one up,italy,it will be hard for Germany ,as they do also have problems in their head about Italy...
ESB living in Germany,i sadly dont know who steve Peters is? Who is he and what did he do?Thanks

As i wrote,i live in Germany..and the Germans thought the NI keeper was very good(Ham Aci ??),but had no club-contact.
the same as the English bloke who played Reading??who is now Welsh,who is now also out of a club-contract?
But both have been at least good here in the Euros.
So this should be ,at least a major part,down to pride,confidence...and motivation - from himself and from the MANAGER & and managers set up.
We dont know him,but im sure Hodgson is NO motivator,but then surely Gary Nev or the other bloke should be

Just got back from the Bayreuth "town bierfest"..where i sold British beers..cider.old speck hen,John Smiths at the Anglo-German club.Had to leave early Too many happy-drunk Germans?? getting ready for the game(come on ITaly)...even saw a man in his 70s face painted..its going mad here....but they all are VERY worried about Italy.if they go one up,italy,it will be hard for Germany ,as they do also have problems in their head about Italy...
ESB living in Germany,i sadly dont know who steve Peters is? Who is he and what did he do?Thanks

He's a trick cyclist, was with the England squad. What did he do? - You tell me, we were obviously well prepared and fully up for it!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Peters_(psychiatrist)

Spoiler:  
The English bloke is an ex shrimper. Hal Robson Kanu. I shall also be wearing my Italian shirt tonight. My ex Mrs is German, and I really don't need her to have extra ammo! :smile:

The English bloke is an ex shrimper. Hal Robson Kanu. I shall also be wearing my Italian shirt tonight. My ex Mrs is German, and I really don't need her to have extra ammo! :smile:

Know the feeling my mate,but the Germans are real good people,as im sure you know..but WINNERS..and we are ankers..so ,sadly come on ITaly...but not a fan of either...Wales _iceland final!!Just hope "they" are not there..ITALIA;ITALIA

Where is your X from?Was you in the forces?

Does any one know how many of the Wales team have played at Roots Hall besides Hal Robson Kanu .

Germany, Italia, goes to pens, Germany wins - that is the short story - BUT another good game between two teams with plans and skills, with not too many stars.
Lots of the pens were poor and Shearer kept repeating that players needed to just do what they had practiced , good advice, BUT the missed ones looked like last second changes from the takers with some very poor efforts.

In summary there are no GREAT teams at this EUROs and Wales are in with a good left shout - shame about the suspensions.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/02/england-euro-2016-friction-roy-hodgson-gary-neville

Report on the travesty of Hodgson and the immaturity of these overpaid babies.

The Football Association was so concerned about high jinks at the team’s base in Chantilly it has also emerged the £500-a-night Auberge du Jeu de Paume was told to remove its chandeliers before the players arrived or risk them being smashed. The hotel reopened this weekend and staff have revealed they took down their most expensive glass fittings because the FA was worried they might be damaged.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/02/england-euro-2016-friction-roy-hodgson-gary-neville

Report on the travesty of Hodgson and the immaturity of these overpaid babies.

The Football Association was so concerned about high jinks at the team’s base in Chantilly it has also emerged the £500-a-night Auberge du Jeu de Paume was told to remove its chandeliers before the players arrived or risk them being smashed. The hotel reopened this weekend and staff have revealed they took down their most expensive glass fittings because the FA was worried they might be damaged.

Indeed mate, what a total joke and why I would never pay to watch England play...

one no comment in that report states that Roberto Martinez is one manager in consideration for the job, wtf are they really that desperate. Already stated my choice would be a Spaniard, but not him; Rafa Benitez; he knows the Premier League and how English football works, and has managed in Europe.

Back